The 131st issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of December 1987. This issue was Sophie Aldred's cover debut as the Doctor's newest companion at the time, Ace, who would later become the main companion associated with the Seventh Doctor's televised stories.
- 'Snow Biz!' by Richard Marson (A Set Report from the filming of Dragonfire at Television Centre on August 13th 1987.
- 'Coming up Trumps' - Introducing new companion Ace. Street-wise and trendy, new companion Ace is all set to bring a breath of fresh air into the TARDIS.
Comic content Edit
- Season 4 Flashback by Richard Marson If Season 3 had come close to ruining the popularity and credibility of the series, Season 4 was to re-establish both those vital factors, laying the foundations for a further successful three years.
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- John Nathan-Turner (Producer) interviewed by Gary Russell talks about work on Season 24 and innovations introduced this year.
- Bonnie Langford (Actress) interviewed by Richard Marson the controversial choice for a companion and former child star talks about her past career, her role in the series as a computer programmer, and about the world of Doctor Who in general ...
- TV: Dragonfire
Reviews - Off the Shelf Edit
- REFERENCE BOOK: Encyclopedia of The Worlds of Doctor Who: A-D by David Saunders (Piccadilly Press)
- BOOK: The Vortex Crystal and The Rebel's Gamble (FASA game books)
A4 Pin-up Edit
Also featuring Edit
- You on Who (letters)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Matrix Data Bank
- This issue also features the winning costume design for a competition held way back in DWM 113.
- Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Assistant Editor: Louise Cassell
- Designer: John Freeman
- Production: Alison Gill
- Advertising: Donna Wickers
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Publisher: Stan Lee
Additional details Edit
- Colin Howard's artwork is featured on the letters page, showing the Terror of the Vervoids featuring the Sixth Doctor.
- Off the Shelf becomes a bi-monthly feature.
- This issue, priced £1, (UK) features a cover by photographer Steve Cook.
- This issue announced the winner for a competition meant to allow fans to create their own costumes. Said competition cast Brian Blessed in the role of the Doctor, Meryl Streep in the role of the Doctor's companion, and John Hurt in the role of the Doctor's enemy.