Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||June 1988|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
- Season Survey Results
- Roots of Who - Andrew Pixley examines some of the origins of Doctor Who in other telefantasy programmes ...
Comic content Edit
- Claws of the Klathi - Part 2
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Travelling Companions - Nyssa Most companions have endured a certain amount of suffering in the course of their travels with the Doctor, but Nyssa of Traken ranks among the more tragic
- Pip and Jane Baker talk to Richard Marson about introducing the Rani, the Vervoids, Mel, Tetraps and the Seventh Doctor.
Reviews ('Off the Shelf' by Gary Russell) Edit
- NOVELISATION: The Edge of Destruction by David Whitaker Novelised by Nigel Robinson (Target Books)
- NOVELISATION: Paradise Towers by Stephen Wyatt (Target Books)
- REFERENCE BOOK: Encyclopedia of The Worlds of Doctor Who: A-D by David Saunders (Piccadilly Press)
Also featuring Edit
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- You on Who (Letters)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett
- Rel Time (events listings)
Random quote Edit
"If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds, and watch them wheel in another sky — would that satisfy you?"
- The Doctor
- Editor/Designer: John Freeman
- Assistant Editor: Louise Cassell
- Consultant: David Howe
- Production: Jez Metyard
- Advertising: Donna Wickers
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Magazine Group Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Publisher: Stan Lee
Additional details Edit
- This issue, priced £1.00 (UK), was the last issue with Richard Marson as the magazine's chief contributor.
- A 50p discount coupon was included, offering a discount on admission to The Trocadero Centre, Piccadilly, London. At the time it held an exhibition entitled 'Come Touch Tomorrow', hosted by Light Fantastic Ltd.
- A new regular feature started this issue entitled RelTime. It featured and listed Who-related (and SF and Fantasy) events and contacts.
- This issue sees the start of a random quote being included on the opening page. This is continued right through to current issues, with the quote being less random in later years, usually taken from the issue itself. Similar to a random quote will be the hidden away text added onto the end of the end of the publication details that in the main go unnoticed by readers for a long time!
- The news section announced the retirement of John Nathan-Turner. The producer was extensively quoted about his imminent departure from the series. Of course, it didn't actually happen.