This article is written from a real world point of view
|Cover date:||May 1989|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
- On Location - We take a look back at a day's recording of Silver Nemesis at Arundel Castle
- Season 25 Special Effects - A complete rundown on how BBC Visual Effects coordinated the magic that made up much of Season 25
- 'Beam me down Scotty' - John B. McLay looks at the options for repeats of Doctor Who in light of satellite TV.
Comic content Edit
- Invaders from Gantac - Part 1 - Alan Grant takes the Seventh Doctor into danger on Earth, with art by Martin Griffiths and Cam Smith
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Travelling Companions: Frobisher - A special interview with the shape-changer, compiled with the help of Colin Baker and Steve Parkhouse
- Writing Doctor Who: Eric Saward - The former Who script writer talks about Attack of the Cybermen and his work on the show
- T.P. McKenna - An audience with the Captain Caricature drawn by Paul Vyse (see notes below for corrections)
Reviews - Off the Shelf Edit
- REFERENCE BOOK: The Official Doctor Who & the Daleks Book by John Peel and Terry Nation (St. Martin's Press)
Also featuring Edit
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News including Season 26 update, the stage play, satellite television, merchandise,)
- Rel Time (Events listing)
- You on Who (Letters)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett
- 'Nick's View' by Nick Miller
- Competition: to win the latest BBC Videos.
Random quote Edit
“Perhaps I could get the hang of it ..."
- The Doctor, The Seeds of Death
- Editor/Designer - John Freeman
- Assistant Editor - Louise Cassell
- Design Assistance - Gary Gilbert
- Production - Jez Meteyard
- Advertising - Julie Hughes
- Advisor - John Nathan-Turner
- Magazine Group Editor - Sheila Cranna
- Publisher - Stan Lee
Additional details Edit
- This issue (priced £1.25 UK) included a giant photo-poster featuring ‘25 Years of Adventure’ and all seven Doctors.
- Additional Input (from DWM 150) disputes the inclusion of a picture from Terror of the Zygons in the Episode Guide feature, but this is allowed as the story was originally recorded for Season 12.
- Additional Input (from DWM 150) corrects many of the credits given to T P McKenna in the interview feature. Titles - The Saint: The Angel's Eye by Harry W. Junkin, The Avengers: The Trojan Horse by Malcolm Hulke, and Noon Doomsday by Terry Nation. McKenna appeared in That'll be the Day, and 3 episodes of The Richmond Files: "Call Me the Enemy", "Do You Recognise the Woman?" and "A Man Like Me" as well as in the Blake's 7 episode "Bounty" not "Hostage". The Minder episode was wrong and the Boon episode was "Northwest Passage to Acocks Green".