This article is written from a real world point of view
|Cover date:||May 1990|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
- ‘Season 26 Survey Results’ The results of over 900 replies with readers opinions and comment by DWM writers.
Comic content Edit
- Train-Flight - Part 2
- Season 26 Pull-Out Guide Part Two featuring The Curse of Fenric and Survival giving an overview, cast, credits, production, broadcast details and ratings analysis.
- Episode Guide: Season 22 Colin Baker
(Attack of the Cybermen - Revelation of the Daleks)
Interviews / Profiles Edit
Previews / Reviews - Off the Shelf Edit
- NOVELISATIONS: Remembrance of the Daleks by Ben Aaronovitch (Target Books)
- NOVELISATIONS: An Unearthly Child novelised by Terrance Dicks (Target Books)
- VIDEO: The War Games (BBC Video)
- FANZINES: including Antonine Killer, International Electromatix, Celestial Farmyard, Whotopian and Yeti Comix.
Page Pin-ups Edit
Also featuring Edit
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Beyond the TARDIS (Who is doing what by Dominic May)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- You on Who (Letters)
- Data Coils (incorporating pen-pals and events listing)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett (comic strip)
- 'Nix View' by Nick Miller (cartoon)
- Collector’s Corner (Merchandise)
(Doctor Who Underpants)
- Dont quote me on this ... (mentions of 'Who' in strange places)
- Competition: Questions and tie-breaker to win The Curse of Fenric (novelisation).
Random quote Edit
- “Your ancestors have a talent for self destruction that borders on genius."
- "Listen Doctor, I do not like the way you keep talking about my ancestors ..."
- "I like your new dress."
- "Thank You."
- "It's a pleasure ..."
- Editor / Designer: John Freeman
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Assistant Editor / Designer: Jacqui Papp
- Advertising: Julie Hughes
- Adviser: John Nathan-Turner
- Acting Magazine Group Editor: John Freeman
- Managing Director: Robert Sutherland
- Excelsior: Stan Lee
- Thanks also this issue to " … London Buses, British Rail and the large spikey thing just creeping up behind you, right now …"
Additional details Edit
- This issue has the second part of a pull-out guide to season 26 (8 pages) including A4 pictures.
- With the number of new books from Target being reduced, Gary Russell begins to include in his reviews, older releases recently re-read.
- Additional Input from DWM 162: Season 26 Guide: The OB recording dates for the two season 26 stories listed omitted from the original copy. These are The Curse of Fenric, 3rd-20th April; and Survival 10th-15th June (London) and 18th-23rd June (Dorset).Also in the Season 26 Guide, Martin Day points out that there’s some dispute on the re-writing claims by Eric Saward of Eric Pringle’s work on The Awakening.
- This issue priced £1.50 (UK) featured a cover by artist Alister Pearson that was included as a giant poster inside showing the Third Doctor and the Ice Warriors.