|Cover date:||17 April 1991|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
- Those Radio Times - Brian J. Robb continues his occasional look at Doctor Who in the Radio Times with the Jon Pertwee years with a listing of Radio Times coverage.
Comic content Edit
- The Mark of Mandragora - Part 4
Archive/Fact File Edit
- Archive Feature: TV: The Awakening FactFile: by Andrew Pixley co-editor of Time Screen with thanks to David J. Howe. Illustrations by Colin Howard.
- Episode Guide: Sylvester McCoy Season 24
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Travelling Companions: Kamelion by Tim Hunter
- Who's Who: Janet Fielding
- Writing Doctor Who: - Martin Day talks to Eric Pringle about his two part Davison adventure...
Previews / Reviews / 'Off the Shelf' Edit
- Information about Virgin Publishing's New Adventures range coming later this year.
- VIDEO: Blake's 7 - Videos containing episodes: The Way Back, Spacefall, Cygnus Alpha, Time Squad, The Web, Seek-Locate-Destroy
- TV NOVELISATION: Death to the Daleks
- TV NOVELISATION: The Day of the Daleks
Page Pin-ups Edit
Also featuring Edit
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Beyond the TARDIS (Who is doing what by Dominic May)
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- You on Who (Letters)
- Data Coils (now incorporating pen-pals and events listing)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett (comic strip)
- 'Nix' by Nick Miller (cartoon)
- Collector’s Corner (Merchandise) Doctor Who Viewmaster Slides (Full Circle and Castrovalva) from GAF, 'Bendy' Dalek from Newfeld Ltd, The Making of Doctor Who from Piccolo, Doctor Who Trump Card Game from Jotastar, Doctor Who: Press-Out Book from World Distributors (Manchester), Ltd, Tom Baker Figure from Dapol and TARDIS Gloves from Peshawear UK Ltd.
- Don't quote me on this ... (mentions of 'Who' in strange places)
- Into The Vortex / 'That Was the Who That Was' (Times Past)
- Competition: Spot the Difference to win a Abslom Daak - Dalek Killer (record)
Random quote Edit
“When you get back home, you'll be heroes. But don't glamorise your adventures. Don't make them think war is an exciting game. Tell them about the fear and the danger. About the friends who won't be coming back ..."
- Senior Editor: John Freeman
- Design Gary Gilbert
- The Giant: Dan Abnett
- Promotion: Jane Sumner
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Advertising: Jane Smale
- Adviser: John Nathan-Turner
- Excelsior: Stan Lee
- Managing Director: Vincent Conran
Additional details Edit
- This issue was priced £1.95 (UK). It had a cover by artist Peter Wallbank featuring the Fifth Doctor and the Malus from The Awakening.
- A listing of all Doctor Who Magazine (special issues) and chart positions of the first twenty-two Doctor Who video releases are also featured.
- On the copyright page of the magazine (usually page 3) is a box of very small text. The end of this text reads, “Dangerous Vworping Noises courtesy of ILM. (A lie, sorry.)” ... and so begins a long tradition in the pages of Doctor Who Magazine.