|Cover date:||25 December 1991|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
The 182nd issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 26 December 1991. Its cover date should have been 22 January 1992, but a typo gave it the same cover date as the previous issue: Christmas 1991. In any event, it was replaced on 23 January 1992 by the next issue.
- Into 1992 - Gary Russell sneaks into Morgana's crystal ball to predict the future of Doctor Who...
- Those Radio Times - Brian J Robb concludes his occasional looks at the Radio Times coverage of Doctor Who.
Comic content Edit
- Spider-God (Reprinted from issue 52)
- The Dalek Chronicles - Issue 3
- Doctor Who? 92 the year ahead by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Directing Who: Darrol Blake - Anniversary stories? No problem for this director by Marcus Hearn
- Acting the Part: Clinton Greyn - Stephen O'Brien talks to the man with more knowledge of the properties of Swarfega than he cares to admit and about the perils of playing a Doctor Who monster...
Off the Shelf Edit
- BOOK: Time Lord (Role Play Game with a game guide by Ian Marsh with illustrations by provided by Colin Howard)
Page Pin-ups Edit
- Christmas themed poster featuring the Doctor's in a sleigh
- K-9 publicity shot featured as an official BBC postcard
Also featuring Edit
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Beyond the TARDIS (Who is doing what by Dominic May)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett (comic strip)
- 'Who in Review' (Who event coverage)
- You on Who (Letters)
- 'Nix's View' by Nick Miller (cartoon)
- Data Coils (now incorporating personal and club events listing)
- Read All About It! (Press review of 1991)
- Readers Survey 1991
- Collector’s Corner (Merchandise)
(Dalek Pencil Sharpener from Baileys Agencies, The Doctor Who Colouring Book fromWorld Distributors, Doctor Who: Painting By Numbers from Airfix, Dalek Jigsaws from Thomas Hope and Sankey Hudson, Doctor Who and the Daleks Iron-on Transfers from Imagine Transfers Ltd, K9 model from Denys Fisher and Doctor Who: Candy Favourites from Goodies Confectionery)
Random quote Edit
“ Are you sure yon Doctor's quite right in the head?" "With the Doctor you can never be too sure. He likes to enjoy himself, that's all ..."
- Senior Editor: John Freeman
- Ship Commander: Gary Russell
- Copy Control: Sophie Health
- Design: Peri Godbold
- Whip Cracker: Louise Cassell
- Promotion: Jane Sumner
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Advertising: Jane Smale
- Adviser: John Nathan-Turner
- Editorial Director: Paul Neary
- Managing Director: Vincent Conran
- Excelsior: Stan Lee
Additional details Edit
- This issue had a free fold out poster stapled to the centre that featured artwork by Lee Sullivan, featuring the Daleks and Cybermen at war in Space. The cover also features Lee Sullivan's Dalek-Cybermen War artwork and was priced £2.25 (UK).
- With the second instalment of the comic story Evening's Empire still having gone missing in the post, the space this issue is filled with the reprinting of a comic story from DWM 52.
- On the copyright page of the magazine (usually page 3) is a box of very small text; the end of this text reads, "'So, what exactly does it eat?' asked the Wirrn in its chirruping voice, resting an antenna casually on the ravenous Ogri... "