Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||19 February 1992|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
With this issue, Gary Russell was employed full-time by the magazine, and began to assume some editorial duties.
- The Daleks' Master Plan - A full feature article by David Richardson on the making of this Hartnell classic, including previously unpublished photographs.
Archive Features Edit
- Archive feature: Planet of Evil - Compiled by Andrew Pixley, co-editor of Time Screen, with thanks to David J. Howe
- Nostalgia feature: Terror of the Vervoids Gary Russell boards a ship full of your memories of this 1986 adventure...
Comic content Edit
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Travelling Companions - Katarina by Tim Hunter.
- Travelling Companions - Sara Kingdom by Tim Hunter.
- Directing Who on Video - Christopher Barry on the making of the Robot, interviewed by Marcus Hearn.
- Return of the Two Doctors - Getting two Doctors together for an interview is about as easy as capturing lightning in a bottle, and just as unpredictable. When the opportunity presented itself to talk with both Jon Pertwee and Sylvester McCoy at this year's Panopticon, the chance was too good to pass up. Doctor Who Magazine's Joe Nazzaro, acting as interviewer and occasional straight man sat down to talk with the Third and Seventh Doctors, along with a few other Who actors who couldn't resist making an occasional contribution.
Off the Shelf Edit
Also featuring Edit
- Gallifrey Guardian (News)
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Beyond the TARDIS (Who is doing what by Dominic May)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett (comic strip)
- 'Who in Review' (Who event coverage)
- You on Who (Letters)
- 'Nix's View' by Nick Miller (cartoon)
- Data Coils (now incorporating personal and club events listing)
Random quote Edit
“Liberty Hall, Doctor Tyler, Liberty Hall ..."
- Senior Editor: John Freeman
- Resident Vervoid: Gary Russell
- Copy Control: Sophie Health
- Design: Peri Godbold
- Stewardess: Louise Cassell
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Advertising: Jane Smale
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Editorial Director: Paul Neary
- Managing Director: Vincent Conran
- Excelsior: Stan Lee
Additional details Edit
- The cover features Alister Pearson's cover artwork for Doctor Who and the Giant Robot video and Target novelisation and was priced £2.25 (UK).
- With the second instalment of the comic story Evening's Empire still having gone missing in the post, the space this issue is filled with a back-up comic story featuring the Sontarans and the FHD.
- Oddly this issue also includes a discount entry voucher to a two-day Doctor Who Convention, Whoosiercon II ... in Indianapolis, USA.
- On the copyright page of the magazine (usually page 3) is a box of very small text; the end of this text reads, “Do you think one of those plants would look nice in the TARDIS?” Mel asked innocently as she was herded into the cargo hold of the Hyperion III..."