|Cover date:||23 October 1996|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
The 244th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 26 September 1996 and removed from British newsstands on 23 October 1996. It featured the Eighth Doctor's comic debut in the magazine, advertising his first comic story, Endgame, within the issue.
- J'adore The Cybermen - Alan Barnes argues that the Cybermen are by far the most credible and terrifying alien race ever to feature in Doctor Who..
- J'accuse The Cybermen - Sam Arthur dares to suggest that the Cybermen are by far the silliest and most disapointing alien race ever to feature in Doctor Who.
- Everything you wanted to know about Doctor Who conventions...but were afraid to ask! - Paul McGann has told us that he is "wary" of Doctor Who conventions. To set our new Doctor at ease, Dave Owen presents the ultimate survival guide, and shows us that conventions can be as much fun for the celebrity guests as they are for the fans.
- Temporal Orbits - Steve Lyons concludes his valiant attempt to make sense of the mechanics of time travel in the Doctor Who universe.
Comic content Edit
- Endgame - Part One
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Moon boots & linen suits - Having appeared in the four most recent Cybermen stories, David Banks has staked his claim as the one-and-only Cyber-Leader. Peter Griffiths investigates...
- Doctor Who? - Scriptwriter Kevin Clarke was the man behind the 25th anniversary story Silver Nemesis, the tale that dared to ask who the Doctor really was. Peter Griffiths finally gets and answer...
Shelf Life Edit
Reviews by Dave Owen
- PROSE: The Plotters
- REF: Doctor Who - The Handbook: The Third Doctor
- REF: I am the Doctor
- VIDEO: DOC: Myth Makers 33: William Russell
Regular features Edit
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters) - Including 'The Hit Parade'
- Crazy Caption!
- Fluid Links - Not even close... by Matthew Jones
Additional details Edit
to be added