- 1966 and all that - Lost or incomplete for nearly 30 years, The War Machines, the first Doctor Who serial to have an explicitly contemporary edge, has been restored, re-mastered and is finally released on video this month. Richard Molesworth, a member of the team who pieced the story back together, tells how the Machines came to be dismantled in the first place.
- Includes inset articles:
- Ghosts in the Machines - The original director of The War Machines re-views his work of 31 years ago
- Noises off - Sound engineer Mark Ayres on hiss, clicks, pops and drop-off...
- "I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!" - Compiled by The Monitor
- Robots: Part 4 Holmes and Vardans - DWM sleuth Stephen Cartwright dons deerstalker and cape to search out Doctor Who's many strange and eccentric relatives and finds bodies in the library...
- 1997 Readers' Survey - The Results!
Comic content Edit
The DWM Archive Edit
The Telesnap Archive Edit
Compiled by Matthew Pereira
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- 1666 and all that - Director Peter Moffatt was a mainstay of early eighties Doctor Who. In the first part of a wide-ranging two-part interview he talks to Peter Griffiths about his work on State of Decay, The Visitation and Mawdryn Undead.
Shelf Life Edit
none this issue
Regular features Edit
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters)
- The life & times of Jackie Jenkins
Additional details Edit
to be added