|Cover date:||11 February 1998|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
The 261st issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 15 January 1998 and removed from British newsstands on 11 February 1998. It is perhaps best remembered for being one of only two issues of the magazine as of May 2012[update] not to have a comic strip. Unlike its 2005 successor, however, this break in the comic strip was unplanned. Indeed, this is the only issue of the magazine in which the comic creators simply missed their deadline.
- The nuts and bolts - Andrew Pixley takes a look at what could have been the most fascinating television study of Doctor Who ever undertaken - a five part series documenting the production of Tom Baker's debut serial Robot
- Fluid Links - The sound of the suburbs by Matthew Jones
- Pretty? Vacant! - Grace turned him down, so there's a job going... Travel the worlds! Meet historical people! Make new friends and watch them die! Skimming CVs and checking references Steve Lyons applies himself to the question of what it takes to be a companion to a rogue Time Lord...
- Crash of the titans - Hardened Quake-head Alan Barnes boots up BBC Multimedia's Destiny of the Doctors CD Rom - and gets his pixels in a twist...
The DWM Archive Edit
The Telesnaps Archive Edit
- The Faceless Ones - Episode 2
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Written to the Core - With three popular Fourth Doctor adventures to his credit, writer Chris Boucher has once again come to Doctor Who pre-eminence - his BBC Books novel, Last Man Running, is published later this year. Peter Griffiths meets the man who dreamed up Leela, summoned the Fendahl - and coldly executed all of Blake's 7...
- Out of the TARDIS: John Levene - Nightmare snakes, Mexican hallucingens and the power of love: when Doctor Who's erstwhile Sergeant Benton subjected himself to the random ravages of the TARDIS tin, he revealed more of himself than we would ever have expected...
Shelf Life Edit
Reviews by Dave Owen
Regular features Edit
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters)
- The life & times of Jackie Jenkins
Additional details Edit
- Back Issues order form on page 20