The 279th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was released on 3 June 1999 and removed from British newsstands on 30 June 1999. It was the first issue to feature new Doctor Who logo based on the logo used in the TV movie, which itself was based on the logo predominantly used throughout Jon Pertwee's Third Doctor era. It would remain the magazine's logo of choice until 2005 with issue 352.
- We're gonna be bigger than Star Wars! - Gary Gillatt speaks with a group of writers about how they would pitch and create a new Doctor Who series. Writers include Paul Cornell, Russell T Davies, Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat, Lance Parkin and Gareth Roberts.
- Everything you ever need to know about...Blood Heat compiled by Matt Wicks.
- Thrilling adventures in Time and Space - Part Three Stage Frights by Chris Howarth and Steve Lyons.
Comic content Edit
- The Road to Hell - Part Two
Profiles / Interviews Edit
Reviews - 'Shelf Life' Edit
- Inset mini interview with Mike Tucker
- VIDEO: Myth Makers: 43: A Tribute to William Hartnell - First Doctor
- Doctor Who Miniatures - Harlequin Miniatures
- VIDEO: Myth Makers: 44: Donald Tosh - Script Editor
Regular features Edit
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Timelines (Letters)
- The life & times of Jackie Jenkins
- The Time Team
Extra Features Edit
- Own a piece of Doctor Who history! - Raffle for items from The Curse of Fatal Death production.
- Editor: Gary Gillatt & Alan Barnes
- Design: Peri Godbold
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Production Manager: Liz Teal
- Chief Sub: Jason Quinn
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Miles Stevens-Hoare
Additional details Edit
- This is the first magazine to have the blue 1996/Pertwee era logo as part of the Doctor Who Magazine replacing the "diamond logo".
- Included on the front cover was a CD entitled Talking 'Bout My Regeneration, a behind the scenes look at the making of The Sirens of Time, featuring interviews with Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy.