|Cover date:||4 February 2009|
|Format:||66 pages, bound|
The 404th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was current from 8 January through 4 February 2009. It continued to cover the airing of The Next Doctor and provided helpful advice for the fans of Doctor Who who would have to be patient for the show's return to a thirteen-episode format. This was one of the ways the magazine helped make the waiting process easier as the series aired only a handful of specials throughout 2009.
Special Features Edit
- Merchandise Awards (voting form) - Vote for your favourite Doctor Who books, CDs and DVDs of the last year, and give your views on DWM.
- Winter Wonderland - The turkey's all finished, the last of the decorations have come down, and Christmas has once again been saved, thanks to the remarkable events of The Next Doctor. But how did that amazing adventure come to be? David Bailey was there as history was being made...
- Dervla Kirwan: Lady in Red - a DWM interview by David Bailey
- Bane Trouble! - Sarah Jane Smith was recently reunited with her old chum Sir Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart! Benjamin Cook was on set to see the sparks (and the goo!) fly...
- Doing it For the Kids! - It was the trip of a lifetime, as hundreds of fans descended on the Upper Boat Studios for an insider's view of the making of Doctor Who. DWM went behind the scenes...
- How To Survive 2009 Without a New Series... - Okay, let's be honest. Whatever reasons have been given for there being no new series of Doctor Who in 2009, we're all a bit disappointed, aren't we? Just how slowly will the weeks seem to pass? Of course, if you're missing your Doctor Who fix, there are still plenty of ways you can catch up with the Doctor as Scott Handcock finds out...
Profiles / Interviews Edit
- Velile Tshabalala (Winter Wonderland)
- Edmund Kente (Winter Wonderland)
- Dervla Kirwan (Lady in Red)
- Frazer Hines (Who On Earth Is...)
The Time Team Edit
- Dragonfire (episodes 665-667)
Comic content Edit
- The Stockbridge Child (part two)
- - Story: Dan McDaid
- - Pencil Art: Mike Collins
- - Inks: David A. Roach
- - Colours: James Offredi
- - Letters: Roger Langridge
- - Editors: Tom Spilsbury and Scott Gray
The Fact of Fiction Edit
- The Mind Robber - Now then, are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin. Alan Barnes has a very strange and wonderful story to tell...
DVDs reviewed Edit
- - Illustration by Ben Willsher
Books reviewed Edit
- The Sarah Jane Adventures novelizations (The Last Sontaran, Day of the Clown, The Lost Boy and Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?)
- Short Trips: How the Doctor Changed My Life
Audios Reviewed Edit
- AUDIO: The Darkening Eye
- AUDIO: Forty-Five
- PROSE: The Krotons
- NOTVALID: The Masters of War (Pick of the Month)
- AUDIO: The Ghost House, The Time Capsule
- Silva Screen: Doctor Who Series 4 original television soundtrack on CD
Issue previews Edit
DVD previews Edit
Audio previews Edit
- - Illustration by Brian Williamson
Regular features Edit
- Letter from the Editor
- Production Notes - Showrunner Russell T Davies writes exclusively for DWM - as Doctor Who heads back into production...
- - Illustration by Ben Morris
- Gallifrey Guardian - All the latest news from every corner of the Doctor Who universe...
- Who on Earth is... - Frazer Hines - Did he jump or was he pushed? The Second Doc's most faithful companion is ready to return...
Books! CDs! And the very latest DVDs! All of these could be yours - just by answering a few simple questions...
- Win The E-Space Trilogy box set! (Full Circle, State of Decay, Warriors' Gate)
- Win The Darksmith Legacy books!
- Win The Next Doctor on DVD
- Win The Key 2 Time audios on CD (The Key 2 Time - The Judgement of Isskar, The Prisoner's Dilemma)
- Win Doctor Who and the Abominable Snowmen (audio release)