|Cover date:||3 February 2010|
|Format:||66 pages, bound|
The 417th issue of Doctor Who Magazine was current from 7 January through 3 February 2010. It was the first new-look issue published after the Eleventh Doctor relaunch. This was also the first cover to display Matt Smith in costume, sporting his tweed and bowtie ensemble and a new model of the sonic screwdriver used for the entirety of his tenure.
- Matt Smith is The Doctor
- Matt Smith and his new companion Karen Gillan talk exclusively to Doctor Who Magazine - in their first ever interview together!
- The End of Time - A look into the making of the episode
- Barry Letts a Tribute - A look in Barry Letts' life of Doctor Who.
- Christmas Quiz answers
Profiles / Interviews Edit
- Matt Smith and Karen Gillan
- Steven Moffat
- David Tennant
- John Barrowman and Russell Tovey
- Timothy Dalton
Comic content Edit
- The Crimson Hand - Part 2
- - Story: Dan McDaid
- - Pencil Art: Martin Geraghty
- - Inks: David A. Roach
- - Colours: James Offredi
- - Letters: Roger Langridge
- - Editors: Tom Spilsbury and Scott Gray
The Fact of Fiction Edit
- The Dæmons - Continuing the tribute to Barry Letts, Alan Barnes looks at the 1971 classic adventure that Barry Letts co-wrote and produced...
Television stories reviewed Edit
- The Waters of Mars
- The Third Series of The Sarah Jane Adventures: Episodes consist of...
DVDs reviewed Edit
Audios reviewed Edit
- Doctor Who and the Daleks
- Doctor Who and the Dalek Invasion of Earth
- The Eternal Summer
- Mission to Magnus
Issue previews Edit
It's cold outside... so stay in the warm with DWM Issue 418 on 4th February 2010
DVD previews Edit
Audio previews Edit
Book previews Edit
- The Writers Tale: The Final Chapter
Regular features Edit
- Letter from the Editor
- Production Notes - Showrunner Steven Moffat reveals the writers for Series Five...
- - Illustration by Ben Morris
- Gallifrey Guardian - All the latest news from every corner of the Doctor Who universe...
- Who On Earth Is - Timothy Dalton
- Editor - Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor - Peter Ware
- Designers - Peri Godbold
- Head of Production - Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor - Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director - Mike Riddell