This article is written from
a real world point of view
a real world point of view
|Cover date:||17 November 2010|
|Format:||68 pages, bound|
- "Funeral for a Friend", an investigation of TV: Death of the Doctor
- "It's Show Time!", uncovering the secrets of Doctor Who: The Monsters Are Coming!
Profiles / Interviews Edit
Comic story Edit
- The Golden Ones part 3
- - Story: Jonathan Morris
- - Pencils: Martin Geraghty
- - Inks: David A. Roach
- - Colours: James Offredi
- - Letters: Roger Langridge
- - Editors: Tom Spilsbury and Scott Gray
Regular features Edit
The Fact of Fiction Edit
The Watcher's Guide Edit
The DWM ReviewEdit
- Television: none
- DVD: Revisitations 1: The Talons of Weng-Chiang, The Caves of Androzani, Doctor Who (1996).
- Audio: AUDIO: Find and Replace; AUDIO: The Awakening; AUDIO: The Cradle of the Snake, The Book of Kells; AUDIO: Escaping the Future;
- Books: COMIC: The Only Good Dalek, REF: The Brilliant Book 2011, PROSE: The Coming of the Terraphiles;
- "The Wheel of Fortune", a variety of call-in trivia contests, giving away a variety of products.
Coming soon Edit
- Previews of the Series 5 box set' the SJA Series 3 box set; the DVD release of The Seeds of Doom; AUDIO: Starfall, AUDIO: A Death in the Family, Deimos; AUDIO: The Invasion of E-Space; AUDIO: Wraith World, Deadly Download
Gallifrey Guardian Edit
- "Steven Moffat's guide to Doctor Who in 2011"
- "CGI Effects for DVD release of Day of the Daleks"
- "American characters to join Barrowman and Myles in Torchwood", notable for getting the names of most of those characters wrong. Esther Drummond was said to be "Esther Katusi", and Oswald Danes was said to be "Oswald Jones". Also, at this point, DWM were still calling Torchwood: Miracle Day, "Torchwood: The New World". As things turned out The New World was the name of only the first episode of the series.
- "New Games for the Nintendo DS and Wii", an announcement of the coming GAME: Evacuation Earth and Return to Earth.
- "Gallifrey: Fourth Series Announced!"
The Time Team Edit
Beyond the TARDIS Edit
- Short blurbs about upcoming projects for people who worked on Doctor Who. Announcements this time for Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith — all of whom had projects for the BBC in the last quarter of 2010 (The Accused, Single Father and Christopher and His Kind.)
- Announcement of the recovery of a lost ITV Play of the Week from 1962 featuring Patrick Troughton and Joseph Fürst, as well as an episode of the BBC Sunday Night Play from 1961 featuring Bernard Cribbins. These discoveries part of a haul of wiped material found at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
- Announcement of a lecture at BAFTA by Steven Moffat and Sue Vertue on their adaptation of Sherlock
- Announcement of a one man show by Frazer Hines in celebration of his 50th year in show business.
- A variety of theatre notices for Colin Baker, Peter Davison, Sheridan Smith, Michael Gambon, Stephen Greenhorn, Catherine Tate, Jenna Russell and David Troughton.
- Notice of Mark Gatiss' The First Men in the Moon.
- Announcement of Camille Coduri and Russell Tovey in Him and Her.
- Announcement of Graeme Harper directing Coronation Street and Michael Owen Morris directing Eastenders.
- Louis Marks, Geoffrey Burgon and Frank Jarvis obituaries.
Galaxy Forum Edit
- Highlighted letters had to do with Nicholas Briggs and his then-recent turn as Winston Churchill in Doctor Who: The Monsters Are Coming!
Production notes Edit
- Unusually, the production notes this issue were not by an executive producer. Instead, they came from Neil Gaiman
Special features Edit
- to be added