Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||September 1980|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
The 44th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of September 1980. It was the first issue in the new monthly run and the cover insignia was changed to "Doctor Who - A Marvel Monthly". The change was made to increase sales per issue, making the title more economically viable.
Comic content Edit
- Archive Feature: TV: The Dominators (synopsis only by Richard Marson)
- Archive Feature: TV: The Invasion of Time (synopsis only by Richard Marson)
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Star ProFile: Verity Lambert (Producer)
A4 pin-ups Edit
- B&W The Second Doctor in the TARDIS (TV: The Power of the Daleks)
- B&W The Fourth Doctor (TV: The Invasion of Time)
Additional features Edit
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Who Cares! (Letters Page)
- Fantastic Facts
- UNIT Hotline Club page
- Know Your Enemy Number 17: The Nimon
- Editor: Paul Neary
- Features Editor: Alan McKenzie
- Art Assistant: Simon Ellinas
- Production: Nigel Balloch
Additional details Edit
- This is the first issue of Doctor Who – A Marvel Monthly.
- The move to a monthly schedule meant a longer shelf life, higher profile, better sales and a more economically viable magazine.
- The year is no longer included on the front cover, which has a cover price of 30p (UK).
- An unused alternative cover for this issue (shown below) displays it as a weekly.