|Cover date:||February 2013|
|Format:||84 pages, bound|
Doctor Who Magazine 456 was the issue of the magazine cover dated February 2013. It offered continuing coverage of The Snowmen, but unlike the previous issue, it was able to discuss the Christmas episode retrospectively, with more spoilers.
It also began a new comic story, Hunters of the Burning Stone.
More notably, the magazine went through several format changes in this issue. The most obvious is the magazine size: previously at 29.5 by 21 centimetres, this issue changed the size to 28.5 by 22 centimetres. Additionally, all logos (such as that of "Beyond the TARDIS" and "Gallifrey Guardian") had been redesigned, some more radically than others. Certain features were also changed: "The Watcher's Guide to..." and "Ask DWM!" were both removed, while "Ask Steven Moffat" was added.
- Inside the Spaceship - A look at the new TARDIS set designed by Michael Pickwoad.
- Anniversary Fever - A look at some of the 50th anniversary merchandise being released this year.
- Revolutionary Animation
Profiles / Interviews
- Hunters of the Burning Stone (Part 1)
- Story: Scott Gray
- Pencil Art: Martin Geraghty
- Inks: David A. Roach
- Colours: James Offredi
- Lettering: Roger Langridge
- Editors: Tom Spilsbury & Peter Ware
The Fact of Fiction
- Television: The Snowmen
- DVD: The Legacy Collection
- Books: The Angel's Kiss, The Barry Newbery Signature Collection
- Audio: Dark Eyes, The Shadow Heart, Return of the Rocket Men, Many Happy Returns, Voyage to Venus, Sleepers in the Dust, The Pirate Planet
- Win 'Wizards Vs Aliens' DVD
- Win 'Red Dwarf X' on DVD
- Win The Wrong Doctors (audio story) on CD
- Win Hunters of Earth on CD
- Win The Reign of Terror (TV story) on DVD
- DVD: The Reign of Terror
- Audio: Destiny of the Doctor: Shadow of Death, The Auntie Matter, The Wrong Doctors, The Flames of Cadiz, The Gunfighters
- Books: The Silurian Gift
The Time Team
Countdown to 50!
- to be added
- to be added
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Art Editor: Richard Atkinson
- Editorial Assistants: John Ainsworth and Mark Wright
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Production Assistant: Jez Meteyard
- Circulation and Trade Marketing Controller: Rebecca Smith
- Head of Marketing: Jess Tadmor
- Marketing Executive: Jess Doran