The 48th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of January 1981.
Interviews / Profiles
- B&W Leela - armed and dangerous
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Who Cares! (Letters Page)
- Fantastic Facts
- Editor: Paul Neary
- Features Editor: Alan McKenzie
- Layout: Steve O'Leary
- Art Assistant: Rahid Khan
- Consultant: Jeremy Bentham
- Additional Input: Matrix Data Bank (From DWM 51): The photo used on page 16 to introduce the Architects of Fear article is identified as being a muto from Part One of Genesis of the Daleks.
- This issue's cover photo is from TV: State of Decay
- Matthew Waterhouse contributes to the letters page, congratulating the team on the anniversary issue.
- The UNIT Hotline Club Page has been dropped and no longer appears.
- The letters page includes the comment, "Truth to tell we hadn't considered the Doctor Who material from TV Comic et al."
- The year is not included on the front cover, which had a cover price of 30p (UK).
- This was Paul Neary's last issue as Editor.