The 51st issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of April 1981.
Interviews / Profiles
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Doctor Who Letters (Letters Page)
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Editor: Alan McKenzie
- Layout: Steve O'Leary and Rahid Khan
- Consultant: Jeremy Bentham
- Publisher: Stan Lee
- Special "Farewell to Tom Baker" themed issue.
- The year is not included on the front cover.
- The cover images show the Fourth Doctor from TV: Terror of the Zygons and TV: The Keeper of Traken.
- The letters page is given over to reader Nicholas Jones, who supplies a listing and details of Target Doctor Who books and Annuals printed.
- The Matrix Data Bank's first appearance as an oracle to all things Who.