The 53rd issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of June 1981. This would be the last time Tom Baker appeared on the cover as the current Doctor before leaving the role.
- Photo-feature: Monster Gallery 5: The Invaders
- Doctor Who Exhibitions
Interviews / Profiles
- Season Review and Season Survey
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Doctor Who Letters (Letters Page)
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Editor: Alan McKenzie
- Layout: Steve O'Leary and Rahid Khan
- Consultant: Jeremy Bentham
- Production: Tim Hampson and Nigel Bulloch
- Publisher: Stan Lee
- The year is not shown on the front cover.
- The cover images show the Fourth Doctor from TV: State of Decay and the smaller image is from TV: Image of the Fendahl.
- Matrix Data Bank is a two page extended feature this issue.
- The Dalek Tapes reappear as a back-up comic strip. This time the four pages are printed unedited, but still in black and white.
- Steve Parkhouse takes over from Steve Moore as the regular comic strip writer for the Doctor's adventures.