The 54th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of July 1981.
- Photo-feature: Monster Gallery 6: Troughton's Aliens.
- The Troughton Years 1966-69.
Interviews / Profiles
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Doctor Who Letters (Letters Page)
- Matrix Data Bank (Questions and Answers)
- Editor: Alan McKenzie
- Layout: Steve O'Leary and Rahid Khan
- Consultant: Jeremy Bentham
- Production: Tim Hampson and Nigel Bulloch
- Publisher: Stan Lee
- Special Patrick Troughton-themed issue.
- The year is not displayed on the front cover.
- The main cover image of the Second Doctor is a publicity shot. It's also the first time that Troughton appears on the cover on his own.
- The Dalek Tapes continue as a back up comic strip. This time only the first page is printed unedited, while the opening and closing blocks of the other three pages are. Still in black and white.