The 59th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of December 1981.
- 'Doctor Who and the Merchandisers'
Interviews / Profiles
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Doctor Who Letters (Letters Page)
- Matrix Data Bank (2 pages of Questions and Answers)
- Editor: Alan McKenzie,
- Design: Steve O'Leary and Rahid Khan,
- Art Assistance: Chas Farnsbarn,
- Consultant: Jeremy Bentham,
- Production: Tim Hampson and Nigel Bulloch,
- Publisher: Stan Lee
- The year is not displayed on the front cover.
- The cover images are from TV: Pyramids of Mars
- The Episode Guide is extended to three pages to include the War Games.
- There is the announcement that “Big Changes are coming to Doctor Who Monthly”. From DWM Issue 61, the 1/4 page ad features a silhouetted cricketer!