The 85th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of February 1984. It saw an extensive redesign and now sported the title "The Official Doctor Who Magazine".
- Doctor Who at the (NFT) National Film Theatre by Stephen James Walker
- Photo-feature: The Undersea World of Doctor Who
- Doctor Who: Skywatch-7 - Parts One and Two reprinted
DWM Archives (Retelling by episode, with no credits)
Interviews / Profiles
Colour Centre-spread Pin-up
- Editor: Alan McKenzie
- Assistant Editor: Roger P. Birchall
- Design: Rahid Khan
- Production: Tim Hampson and Alison Gill
- Production Assistant: Jeanette M. Sweetland
- Financial Controller: Robert W. Sutherland
- Advertising: Sally Benson
- Publisher: Stan Lee
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Now "the Official Doctor Who Magazine".
- FREE GIANT POSTER with this issue features the Master (as shown on the cover) by Doctor Who Artist Andrew Skilleter
- The page count drops to forty, but includes more colour pages (once again the centre four pages).
- The letters pages are given over to readers' comments on the recently screened 'The Five Doctors'.
- The Photo-feature features several photos of Sea Devils and Fish People (from TV: The Sea Devils and TV: The Underwater Menace respectively).
- There is no regular Doctor Who comic strip this issue, and no explanation is given inside. Instead, the two-part Skywatch-7 (from DWM 58 and the DWMS Winter 1981) is reprinted in full.
- No year was shown on this cover of this issue, which was priced at 60p (UK).
- The cover shows the Fifth Doctor and Tegan from TV: Warriors of the Deep.