|Da Vinci's Robots|
|Main setting:||Milan, 15th century|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 61|
|Release date:||7 January 2009|
|Format:||Comic - Part 1 of 2 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Extermination of the Daleks||Metal Mania|
Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor drops in on Leonardo da Vinci and uncovers a mystery ...
Whilst leaving a many-tentacled, green creature to be blown up, the Doctor, having arrived in 15th century Italy, decides to pop in and visit his friend Leonardo da Vinci. At the house, the Doctor is greeted by Leonardo's understudy Ludovico, who explains his master has locked himself away, leaving shopping lists out overnight.
The list contains a number of items that the Doctor finds puzzling and together they climb a back wall to reach Leonardo. The wall has been electrified — two hundred years before its time! In a workshop they find Leonardo in some sort of trance, building robots from suits of armour and components. When the Doctor tries to intervene, one of the robots grabs him by the throat...
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four-page comic strip series of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 1/2 DWBIT 61 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED...!
- No reprints to date.
to be added
to be added