The Brig, K9
|Main enemy:||Daleks, Davros|
|Main setting:||Earth, 2254|
|Publisher:||Admiral Software, Alternative Software (ZX Spectrum)|
|Platform:||PC, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST|
|Genre:||2D Side-scrolling platformer|
|Release date:||October 1992|
The beginning of the game features a sequence with a horde of Daleks. The one in the front utters: "This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right we will emerge, and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the univeeerse. EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" and exterminates the screen.
The year is 2254, calculated in Earth terms, and on the planet Skaro Davros and the Emperor Dalek adresses the battle command of Daleks. Davros tells the Daleks that over the past 100 years they have witnessed the human race advance their scientific knowledge to the point of the humans becoming a threat to the Daleks, and tells them it is time to rectify this problem.
The Daleks travel to Earth to Exterminate the human, destroying buildings and bridges at the same time. The Doctor tells Ace that they must destroy the Dalek pods and reverse the death rays before Davros turns Earth into a Dalek production planet.
The Doctor steals a Hoverbout from the Daleks and goes down to the sewers to free the imprisoned humans while avoiding hitting the walls and being struckmann by pointy spikes and slime drops. To get out he had to fight two giant fire-spitting snakes from the mud, but lost the hoverbout in the process.
Back in the streets of London must fight off Daleks and humans converted into evil beasts all around while searching for coins (he can also enter various houses and the London Underground). He also fights off a beast inside a massive Dalek travel machine tank that can spit out mini rockets, in order to collect a Smart Card to travel to the next area on Earth.
The Time Lords sends the Doctor a message congratulating him on defeating all the Daleks in London, and sends him to Paris and tells him to use the Smart Card to cause a temporary disruption in the force field.
'to be added'
Playable characters Edit
- Player 1 could choose from a selection of the Second Doctor, Fourth Doctor and Seventh Doctor and were all "armed" with a sonic screwdriver.
- Player 2 could choose from Ace or the Brigadier.
- K9 is featured in the later levels.
- The Doctor has a choice of powers that the Time Lords can give him:
Collectable items Edit
- Human shaped figures - 500 points
- Zombiefied humans
- Fire-breathing sea snakes
- Beast in massive Dalek tank
- The Sewer - a side-scrolling level with the Player(s) on Dalek Hoverbouts through the sewers.
- London - a 2D platformer against various enemies such as Robomen.
- New York
- Skaro - features the only appearance of the 1989 redesign of the Daleks by Raymond Cusick that featured in the Doctor Who Magazine 10th Anniversary special.
Story notes Edit
- In a similar situation to PROSE: First Frontier's mention of NOTVALID: Dimensions in Time, PROSE: Head Games described this story as being a simulation created by fictional energies:
The Doctor found catharsis too in his own journey. Fully aware of the nature of his surroundings, he concocted a fictional attack by Daleks and battled them in Earth’s big cities, from London to Paris to New York to Tokyo. It was so simple. He was fighting evil, showing no mercy as he blasted those who had never deserved to exist. An ideal, black and white world, in which he wished he could live more often.
Notes and references Edit
- Answers.com - Dalek Attack
- Dalek Attack - Screenshots - MobyGames
- Your Sinclair - Review of Dalek Attack for the ZX Spectrum by Jonathan Nash