|Featuring:||Second Doctor, Fourth Doctor, The Brig, K9|
|Main enemy:||Daleks, Davros|
|Main setting:||Earth, 2254|
|Publisher:||Admiral Software, Alternative Software (ZX Spectrum)|
|Platform:||PC, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST|
|Genre:||2D Side-scrolling platformer|
|Release date:||October 1992|
The beginning of the game features a sequence with a horde of Daleks. The one in the front utters: "This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right we will emerge, and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the univeeerse. EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" and exterminates the screen.
Publisher's summary Edit
The inhabitants of Earth had been blissfully unaware that from the depths of outer space, their progress was being carefully scrutinised by the evil leader of the most ruthless, vicious and technically advanced race in the universe.
Davros’s knarled and twisted fingers switched on the intercom “Battle Commander Daleks report to the main control room!” he croaked.
The twelve Battle Commander Daleks glided into the main control room in the presence of Davros and the Emperor Dalek.
Davros glanced around the room menacingly, “How is the war with the Ginorms proceeding?” he shouted. “All but a few have been exterminated. Universe Sector Zeep is now ours” replied the Emperor.
“Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!” screeched Davros, “Now is the time to invade and conquer Universe Sector Solar 1, we will start with the planet Earth which is infested with the friends of that meddlesome Timelord, the Doctor.
“We will launch the Battle Fleet on your command Davros” replied the Emperor.
Then let it be, “snarled Davros, “Exterminate all humans!” “Exterminate, EXTERMINATE!” cried the Battle Commander Daleks.
On the planet Gallifrey there is a meeting of the High Council of the Timelords. “The Daleks have conquered most of the Universe, their reign of terror must be stopped,” speaks the President of the High Council “to this end Doctor, we are instructing you to go to the planet Earth and put a halt to this madness. We wil offer you every assistance possible. Goodluck!"
The year is 2254, calculated in Earth terms, and on the planet Skaro Davros and the Emperor Dalek adresses the battle command of Daleks. Davros tells the Daleks that over the past 100 years they have witnessed the human race advance their scientific knowledge to the point of the humans becoming a threat to the Daleks, and tells them it is time to rectify this problem.
The Daleks travel to Earth to Exterminate the human, destroying buildings and bridges at the same time. The Doctor tells Ace that they must destroy the Dalek pods and reverse the death rays before Davros turns Earth into a Dalek production planet.
The Sewer Edit
The Doctor steals a Hoverbout from the Daleks and goes down to the sewers to free the imprisoned humans while avoiding hitting the walls and being struckmann by pointy spikes and slime drops. To get out he had to fight a Terrorkon, but lost the hoverbout in the process.
Back in the streets of London must fight off Daleks, Ogrons and humans converted into Robomen all around while searching for hostages in various houses and the London Underground. After collecting a Smart Card, he fights off a beast inside a massive Dalek travel machine tank that can spit out mini rockets, which guard the temporary disruption.
Paris, New York and Tokyo Edit
The Time Lords sends the Doctor a message congratulating him on defeating all the Daleks in London, and sends him to Paris and tells him to use the Smart Card to cause a temporary disruption in the force field. Then to New York and to Tokyo.
Davros has stolen the sacred Time Ring, the Time Lords send the Doctor to Skaro to retrieve it. The doctors enter the city by going through caves and a dalek assembly line. After destroying the Golden Emperor and defeating Davros, the Time Lords freeze him in time and space.
Playable characters Edit
- Player 1 could choose from a selection of the Second Doctor, Fourth Doctor and Seventh Doctor and were all "armed" with a sonic screwdriver. Certain game port only have the Seventh Doctor.
- Player 2 could choose from Ace or the Brigadier.
- K9 is featured in the later levels New York and Tokyo.
- Every 25,000 points, the Time Lords offer a choice of seven powers to the Doctor:
- Two way shots - doubles the screwdriver's firepower
- Three way shots
- Power ups - three to change the screwdriver into a lazer weapon
- Dalekenium Granades - pack of ten.
- Extra Life
- Jelly Babies - Restore the current life.
- Smart Bomb - One.
- 1UP - Gives a continue
- Coins - 10 points
- Hostages to rescue - 500 points, a certain number is required to collect a smart card, needed to access the end of the level.
- Robomen - Cushing Movie design, 160 points
- Ogrons - 200 points
- Red Ogrons (Skaro)
- Daleks - Lazer or grenades to destroy
- Red Daleks in Hoverbouts - 360 points
- Renegade Daleks (London, New York) - 2,700 points or 900 points
- Cushing Movies design (Paris)
- Imperial Daleks (Tokyo) - 2,700 or 900 points
- Special Weapon Daleks (Tokyo) - 3,100 or 1,500 points
- Red Daleks (Skaro)
- Redesign by Raymond Cusick featured in the Doctor Who Magazine 10th Anniversary special (Skaro)
- Mutants - Various forms, The Sewers
- Trapped hostage - 500 points if saved, 0 points if killed.
- Ceiling slime - 120 points
- jumping mutations
- Large Rats
- Robotic Dogs
- Gang Members
- Mummies (Paris)
- Mimes (Paris)
- Looters (New York) - 360 points
- Robo Sumo Wrestlers (Tokyo) - 280 points
- Ninjas (Tokyo) - 140 points
- Taxis (New York) - Unbreakable
- Armoured Cars (Tokyo) - Unbreakable
- Dinosaur (New York)
- Gun turrets robots (Tokyo) - Seen in the introduction, 320 points
- Weaponised Magnedon (Skaro) - Cushing Movie design, 140 points.
- Slyther (Skaro) - 280 points
- Attack drones (Skaro) - 160 points
- Terrorkon (Sewer boss) - 2,480 points
- Beast in massive Dalek tank Super Guardian (London boss)
- Giant attack Drone Super Guardian (Paris boss)
- Wall climbing Super Guardian (New York boss) - 1,800 points (200 for the arm)
- Walking minigun robots (Tokyo) - 250 points
- Flying dragon Super Guardian (Tokyo boss) - 840 points
- Emperor Dalek (Skaro)
- Davros (Skaro boss)
- The Sewer - a side-scrolling level with the Player(s) on Dalek Hoverbouts through the sewers.
- London - a 2D platformer against various enemies such as Robomen.
- New York
- Skaro - features the only appearance of the 1989 redesign of the Daleks by Raymond Cusick that featured in the Doctor Who Magazine 10th Anniversary special.
Story notes Edit
- In a similar situation to PROSE: First Frontier's mention of NOTVALID: Dimensions in Time, PROSE: Head Games described this story as being a simulation created by fictional energies:
The Doctor found catharsis too in his own journey. Fully aware of the nature of his surroundings, he concocted a fictional attack by Daleks and battled them in Earth’s big cities, from London to Paris to New York to Tokyo. It was so simple. He was fighting evil, showing no mercy as he blasted those who had never deserved to exist. An ideal, black and white world, in which he wished he could live more often.
- Game manual
- Archived online playable version of the DOS release
- Answers.com - Dalek Attack
- Dalek Attack - Screenshots - MobyGames
- Your Sinclair - Review of Dalek Attack for the ZX Spectrum by Jonathan Nash