Daleks: The Early Years was a video containing rare episodes from early Dalek stories. It was presented by Peter Davison and contained episodes five and ten of The Daleks' Master Plan; episode two of The Evil of the Daleks; interviews with Terry Nation, Raymond Cusick, John Scott Martin, Roy Skelton; clips from The Daleks, The Chase, The Daleks' Master Plan (surviving clips), Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D., The Power of the Daleks and The Five Doctors; the BBC trailers for The Dalek Invasion of Earth; an outtake from The Five Doctors; and an extract from "I'm Gonna Spend My Christmas With A Dalek".
- Presented by - Peter Davison
- With - Terry Nation, Raymond P. Cusick, John Scott Martin, Roy Skelton
- Special Thanks to Museum of the Moving Image, South Bank, London and KRMA TV, Denver, USA
- Doctor Who theme composed by Ron Grainer
- Theme arranged and performed by Keff McCulloch
- Production assistant - Ingrid Taylor
- Make-up - Erika Wareing
- Cameraman - Mike Winser
- Post production - Ace Editing
- Sound - Tim Davies
- Lighting - Ian Dow
- Written and produced by John Nathan-Turner
- This was one of a series of videos produced by John Nathan-Turner intended to release rare episodes and incomplete serials, as well as interviews and other extras that wouldn't have seen a video release at the time.
- All British releases were handled by BBC Worldwide, Australasian releases by Polygram and American releases by CBS/Fox
- The video was classified "U" in the UK and "PG" for "Low Level Violence" in Australia.
- It was released on 06/07/1991 in the UK, 1992 in America and on 03/02/1993 in Australia.
- The arrangement of the Doctor Who theme used for this and succeeding Years releases was originally arranged by Keff McCulloch for the 1989 album Doctor Who: Variations on a Theme.
Six similar videos were later released up to 1994. They were:
- The Hartnell Years
- The Troughton Years
- The Pertwee Years
- Cybermen: The Early Years
- The Tom Baker Years
- The Colin Baker Years
In 1993, the BBC refused to fund production of The Davison Years and The McCoy Years.[source needed]