Day of the Clown, based upon the televised story of the same name, is the second novelisation of a story from of The Sarah Jane Adventures. It was the last novelisation of a Series 2 story to be published.
Publisher's summary Edit
Life on Earth can be an adventure, too. You just need to know where to look.
Rani Chandra, the new girl in Bannerman Road, is being haunted by a sinister clown. Local children are going missing. Is there a connection? When Clyde's friend disappears as well, Sarah Jane decides to investigate. The trail leads her to a strange circus museum run by Mr Spellman, and the legend of the pied piper. To foil Spellman's evil plot, Sarah Jane has to confront her own childhood fear of clowns.
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Luke Smith
- Rani Chandra
- Clyde Langer
- Pied Piper
- Gita Chandra
- Haresh Chandra
- Celeste Rivers
- Tony Warner
- David Finn
- Steve Wallace
- Once Sarah Jane unwillingly carried a plague of Squaleen locusts home with her after visiting a Prastaki trading ship from the Thunderhead Spiral Galaxy.
- Clyde compared Haresh to Doctor Frankenstein.
- In the 1960s, Ram Vermas, his wife and Haresh's parents moved from India to England. They settled in Nottingham.
- Elijah Spellman called Sarah Jane Smith "The Princess of the Sawdust Ring"
- Sarah Jane had a Cylethian (a species from the planet Cylith) distress beacon from a Cylethian scoutship.
- Clyde called the Sarah Jane gang Defenders of the Earth.
- Clyde told Rani that aliens had "more tricks up their sleeve than Derren Brown".
- Elijah Spellman tells Sarah Jane that pharaohs had fools as well as the Native Americans. In Great Britain they had fools like the harlequin and, in the Middle Ages the jester.
- When Haresh got a job at the history department at a school in Camden he left his home in Nottingham and moved to London.
- Mrs Vermas, Ram Vermas, Mr Chandra and Mrs Chandra are the grandparents of Rani and come from India.
- The Inter-School Challenge Cup is a challenge cup for schools in London.
- This is the first novelisation with Rani Chandra.
Deviations from the televised story Edit
- Rani Chandra had a Kylie Minogue song as a ring tone of her mobile phone instead of a normal telephone ringing sound.
to be added