|Featuring:||The Brig, Mike Yates, Benton|
|Main enemy:||Hades, the Master|
|Main setting:||England, 1970s|
|Writer:||Terrance Dicks and Barry Letts|
|Cover by:||Black Sheep|
|Release date:||3 November 2003|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 37 Chapters, 285 Pages|
|BBC Past Doctor Adventures|
|Wolfsbane||Scream of the Shalka|
Deadly Reunion was the sixty-third BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel. It featured the Third Doctor and Jo Grant. It also featured all the "UNIT family" characters of Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, Mike Yates and John Benton. The Master also appeared, setting this story firmly in the early period of the Doctor's exile on Earth. This novel significantly expanded on Lethbridge-Stewart's early life and was written by two writers who worked on Doctor Who during the period in which this novel is set — Terrance Dicks and Barry Letts.
Publisher's summary Edit
"With one glance he will destroy your body and wither your soul."
Second Lieutenant Lethbridge-Stewart gets more than he bargained for when he is assigned to map out Greek islands at the end of the Second World War. Even if he lives to tell the tale, will he remember it?
Years later, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and his colleagues at UNIT investigate a spate of unexplained deaths and murders. Meanwhile, the Third Doctor and Jo are caught up in strange events in the small English village of Hob's Haven.
As preparations get underway for a massive pop concert, a sinister cult prepares for a day of reckoning — business as usual for UNIT. But can the Brigadier help prevent the end of the world? His friends and colleagues are not so sure, because this time, the Brigadier has fallen in love...
Part one Edit
Second Lieutenant Lethbridge-Stewart is assigned to map out Greek islands at the end of the Second World War. During his trips, he meets Mrs Demeter and her "grandchildren". After falling madly in love with Persephone, he is caught up in an ancient quarrel. When Persephone is kidnapped, Lethbridge-Stewart must go to places beyond his imagination.
more to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- Third Doctor
- Jo Grant
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
- Captain Mike Yates
- Sergeant Benton
- The Master
- Bob Slater
- Charles Deacon
- George Spawton
- Private Higgins
- Private Rattray
- Josh Bartlett
- Ned Clarke
- Percy Cole
- Sammy Barker
- Sim Rowley
- Tim Hollings
- In Greek mythology, Zeus was the father of Apollo, Athena, Artemis, Castor and Pollux, Dionysius, Hebe, Heracles, Minos, Hermes and Persephone.
to be added
- The Doctor recalls being put on trial by the Time Lords. (TV: The War Games)
- The Doctor tells the Brigadier that "sleep is for tortoises." (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- The Doctor mentions that he took boxing lessons from John L. Sullivan. (TV: Carnival of Monsters)
- The Doctor says that "in an authoritarian society, people obey the voice of authority." (PROSE: Timewyrm: Exodus, Blood Harvest and World Game)