|Main setting:||Death's Deal, 49th century|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions, AudioGO|
|Read by:||Catherine Tate, Duncan Wisbey|
|Release date:||1 October 2013 (download)|
3 October 2013 (CD)
|Destiny of the Doctor|
|Night of the Whisper||The Time Machine|
Publisher's summary Edit
Responding to multiple maydays, the TARDIS lands on the planet of Death's Deal, but the distress calls are old, the final echoes of terrified lost souls. This is an exotic world of lethal creatures, nicknamed "the Deadliest Planet in the Galaxy", and only the brave, foolhardy or greedy would ever dare to visit.
Finding themselves stranded among a motley bunch of space-tourists, the Doctor and Donna must lead a struggle for survival against the frenzied wildlife, as they slowly realise that other members of the group have very different agendas.
And soon the Doctor learns of an even bigger threat hiding on Death's Deal. Somewhere deep below the surface, is something that must never be unearthed. Time is running out, and only an impossible survivor holds the key.
to be added
- The Doctor
- Donna Noble
- Professor Merrit Erskine
- Lyric Erskine
- Tad Groogan
- Mistress Qwelleen
- Hickery Frimms
to be added
- This story was recorded on 17 June 2013.
- This was the final Doctor Who release under the AudioGo banner as the company entered administration, ceasing all further releases, a few weeks after releasing this audio. This caused problems for the next release in the arc.
- The Doctor remembers that one of his friends was a shape-shifter (COMIC: The Shape Shifter) and that his arch enemy was a master of disguise. (TV: Castrovalva, Time-Flight, AUDIO: Dust Breeding)
- The Eleventh Doctor says it would have been cool if he was ginger. (TV: The Christmas Invasion, TV: The End of Time)
- The Eleventh Doctor leaves a message in the distress beacon of the Howling Jupiter to tell his previous self to stop the Wraith Mining Cartel, by locating Professor Merrit Erskine, protecting Erskine's daughter, and making sure the existence of slaughter crystals is made known to galactic authorities. (AUDIO: Destiny of the Doctor)