Death in Blackpool was the first release of the fourth series of Eighth Doctor Adventures. Even though she would make an appearance in five more stories, this story marked the end of Lucie Miller's travels aboard the TARDIS, and also closed the "Aunty Pat" story-arc.
Publisher's summary Edit
Lucie Miller always loved Christmas back home in Blackpool. Her Mum running a still-frozen turkey under the hot tap at ten. Great-Grandma Miller half-cut on cooking sherry by eleven. Her Dad and her uncle arguing hammer and tongs about who was the best James Bond all through dinner. And in the afternoon, Aunty Pat, haring up to the house on the back of a moped weighed down with ridiculous presents.
Christmas 2009 didn't turn out like that.
Christmas 2009, the Doctor turned up...
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Auntie Pat - Helen Lederer
- Billy - David Schofield
- Father Christmas - Jon Glover
- Natasha/Marika - Harriet Kershaw
- A Zynog is a Zygon which can no longer change its form.
- Lucie mentions James Bond.
- Lucie has never heard of Siouxsie and the Banshees.
- The Doctor says he once rode a magic carpet over the Khyber Pass.
- This story is the conclusion for the story arc of Lucie Miller's aunt 'Pat' and her complex relations with the Zygon race.
- The story was broadcast on BBC Radio 4 Extra on 7 January 2013.
- The TARDIS materialises in the same service station in Bramlington as it previously visited in 1974. (AUDIO: Horror of Glam Rock)
- Lucie discovers that her aunt Patricia Ryder died in 1984 and that her identity was assumed by her Zygon husband Trevor. (AUDIO: The Zygon Who Fell to Earth)
- The Doctor refers to Cal-Med One and the Bi-Al Foundation. (TV: The Invisible Enemy)
- There is some confusion as to the timeline placement of this story. The Publisher's Summary gives a year of 2009. Within the story, the Lucie Miller of that time, not having yet met the Doctor, is present when the "current" Lucie and the Doctor arrive. However, Lucie's introductory story, AUDIO: Blood of the Daleks establishes she originally hailed from 2006.
- Official Death in Blackpool page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Death in Blackpool at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide