- You may be looking for the television story of the same name.
Death of the Doctor, based upon the televised story of the same name, is the second novelisation of a story from Series 4 of The Sarah Jane Adventures. As was the case with The Nightmare Man, it was released in e-book format only.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor is dead!...Or is he? Sarah Jane and the gang head to a UNIT base under Mount Snowdon to investigate. Strange alien undertakers, the Shansheeth, are guarding the body, and the shifty Colonel Karim seems to be up to no good. Find out what's really going on in this exclusive new adventure, featuring the Eleventh Doctor!
to be added
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Rani Chandra
- Luke Smith
- Clyde Langer
- Eleventh Doctor
- Jo Jones
- Santiago Jones
- Mr Smith
- K9 Mark IV
- Tia Karim
- Haresh Chandra
- Gita Chandra
- Mrs Kuthrapali
- Mr Lawrence
- Ram Vermas
- Azure of the Claw Shansheeth
- Aureolin of the Claw Shansheeth
- Amaranth of the Claw Shansheeth
- Jo remembers how Clifford Jones proposed to her, in Llanfairfach.
- Jo Grant's thirteenth grandchild is born in Dubai.
- Park Vale station is a London railway station located near Gita Chandra's Bloomin' Lovely flower shop.
- Mount Snowdon is located at the Snowdonia national park.
- When Jo Grant hears "The Cradle of the Lost Chords" in 2010, she thinks about the night Clifford Jones proposes to her in Llanfairfach.
- Clyde mentions his teacher Miss Jerome.
- Melanie Bush works with A Charitable Earth, providing PCs to schools in Africa.
- Grace Holloway is looking into new breakthroughs in surgery.
- Jo Jones and Santiago Jones use a cargo plane to get across the Atlantic to Dublin.
- Originally announced as a print publication that was cancelled by Penguin on 18 September 2010, after which an e-book release was confirmed.
- This is the second Sarah Jane Adventures novelisation to be released in e-book format only. It is also the last SJA novelisation to be published to date in any format.
- This is the second Sarah Jane Adventures novelisation to feature the Doctor on the cover, after the Tenth Doctor on The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith.
Deviations from the televised story Edit
- In the TV series only Haresh Chandra watched the arriving of the UNIT staff at Sarah Janes house. In the novelisation Mrs Kuthrapali, Mr Lawrence, the Fraser family and Gita Chandra were watching it as well.
- In the TV series Haresh Chandra and Rani Chandra talked about Rani's grandfather and remembered that Gita Chandra washed the furniture, the walls etc. after his death. In the novelisation Haresh told Rani about the death of her grandfather Ram Vermas and explained that her grandmother cleaned the furniture, the walls etc. after his death.
- At the end of the story, Sarah Jane reveals what she found out about some of the Doctor's previous companions. However, a few more were mentioned than in the TV episode. She mentions a Doctor Holloway in San Francisco who is looking into new breakthroughs in surgery. When she mentions Dorothy and A Charitable Earth, she mentions that Dorothy was working alongside a Melanie Bush, providing PCs to schools in Africa.
to be added