Department X was the fifth release of the BBC Torchwood audio stories.
G.R. Owen is the last of Cardiff's old department stores. Times are hard and the ancient firm has gone into administration. But who are the Administrators? What goes on behind the shutters at night? And why are customers disappearing? Torchwood are already investigating.
G.R. Owen is the site of their oldest unsolved cases, and Jack is determined to solve it before the store closes forever — which is why Ianto is working undercover in gentlemen's fashions and Gwen is in handbags.
to be added
- Jack references the title of the long-running Britcom Are You Being Served?
- Ianto mentions pop singer Lady Gaga's fashion sense.
- Woolworths and Borders are mentioned as companies that have closed.
- Pound Paradise is a shop in Cardiff.
- This is the first Torchwood audio story to be released after Children of Earth, and the death of Ianto Jones and the breakup of Torchwood Three.