Dino World was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2011.
The Doctor takes Amy Pond and Rory Williams back to the village of Leadworth, but they soon realise things have changed. The village is populated by dinosaur-descendants living "normal" human lives. The soft, pink, tailless arrivals soon cause panic at a picnic. While Rory is detained by uniformed police, the Doctor whisks Amy away in the TARDIS back to the Jurassic Age, two hundred million years ago!
As suspected, the Doctor soon finds his old enemy Professor Saurian, whom he left stranded on their last encounter. Saurian has built an asteroid shield to protect the planet Earth. Without the collision, the dinosaurs were never wiped out and followed an evolutionary path to sapience. Saurian effectively rewrote Earth's history.
Waving a watch in front of Saurian, the Doctor hypnotises him enough to break the telepathic control he had over the dinosaurs. The dinosaurs run amok and destroy the asteroid shield. Saurian is too late to regain control and the Doctor races Amy back to the TARDIS. When they return to present-day Leadworth, they find everything has returned to normal. Everyone, including Rory, are a little dazed and confused.
- The alternatively evolved male dinosaurs all seem to develop a single horn on their forehead.
- This is Professor Saurian's third encounter with the Eleventh Doctor.
Original print details
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 230 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – ANOTHER EXCITING ADVENTURE FOR THE DOCTOR, AMY AND RORY!
- No reprints to date.
- The Doctor returns Amy Pond and Rory Williams to their home village of Leadworth as established in TV: The Eleventh Hour and Amy's Choice.