|Doctor Who: A New Dimension|
|Originally broadcast on:||BBC One|
|Original broadcast date:||26 March 2005|
|Doctor Who Confidential|
|none||Bringing Back the Doctor|
Doctor Who: A New Dimension was broadcast on BBC One prior to its related episode, rather than after it on BBC Three. It was not shown under the Doctor Who Confidential banner, though it has been generally considered "episode 0" of the series because it shares Confidential's production team and covers similar subjects.
Aspects of production covered Edit
- Bringing Doctor Who back onto TV after a nine year absence.
- Russell T Davies's decision to have Christopher Eccleston cast as the Ninth Doctor.
Additional topics covered Edit
- Coverage and reaction to the new Doctor.
- Previews of the production from episode one to six.
- Discussion of what the world was like during each era of the Doctor.
People interviewed Edit
- Christopher Eccleston
- Billie Piper
- Julie Gardner
- Russell T Davies
- Will Cohen
- Peter Davison
- Colin Baker
- Sylvester McCoy
- Mark Gatiss
- Phil Collinson
- Katy Manning
- Noel Clarke
- Camille Coduri
From the press screening Edit
- Simon Edge, feature writer for the Daily Express
- Ben Lawrence, deputy editor for Total TV Guide
- Jon Peake, editor for TV Quick
- Nicole Methven, TV editor for Daily Mirror
Elements retained in Cut Down Edit
to be added
Home video releases Edit
Not currently available on DVD. All other Doctor Who Confidential episodes from 2005 are included in cut-down form on the Series 1 box-set.