Doctor Who Figurine Collection is a fortnightly figurine and magazine collection published by Eaglemoss Publications Ltd. Supported by television advertising, it was launched on 28 August 2013 to celebrate 50 years of the world's longest-running Sci-Fi TV series.
- Every issue came with a richly illustrated collector's guide that provided all the essential information about the accompanying figure and using official photography from the BBC archives recounts the history of Doctor Who.
- The figurine collection consisted of hand painted 1:21 scale models with an average height of 85mm and included every Doctor and all the greatest monsters from Daleks to Weeping Angels.
- The figurines were cast from 3D digital sculpts refined and approved by the BBC, before being cast in a special metallic resin. These are hand painted using original production colour references before being given final approval by the BBC.
- The series was fully approved by the BBC and packed with rare photography.
Magazine content Edit
Each 20 page issue included the following sections;
- Your Figurine (5 pages)
- A close up examination of the figurine and the character featured.
- Moment in Time (4 pages)
- A selected episode guide relating to the featured character.
- 50 years of Doctor Who (2 pages)
- A year by year history of Doctor Who and the world as it was.
- Doctor Who universe (4 pages)
- An aspect of the series examined.
- The Big Ask (1 page)
- Fans' questions about the story featured in the Moment in Time section.
- The People Who... (1 page)
- Profiles of the unseen stars from the last 50 years.
Subscription offer Edit
Subscribers to this title received four bonus free gifts worth over £60 (UK) that included;
- Binder (worth £6.99 UK)
- Display Stand (worth £14.99 UK) and holds 10 figures
- Dalek Emperor figurine. Because of its size this oversized figurine has a reduced scale of 1:42 but still stands 22cm tall.
- Online subscription to a digital edition that can be read on computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone.
- There was no subscriber saving on the issue price of £6.99 (UK) but subscribers could upgrade if they chose for £7.99 (UK) per issue. For the extra £1.00 an issue subscribers would receive throughout the life of the collection, a further set of seven limited edition Daleks and a specially designed display stand (worth £14.99 UK).
These limited edition Daleks (which wew in addition to Dalek figurines released as part of the main collection, included;
- Dalek Sec from Daleks in Manhattan.
- Mad Throne Room Dalek from Asylum of the Daleks
- Black Dalek from The Daleks' Masterplan (sic)
- Imperial Guard Dalek from The Parting of the Ways
- Dalek from The Chase
- "Oswin" Dalek in Chains from Asylum of the Daleks
- Saucer Commander Dalek from The Dalek Invasion of Earth
Regular issues Edit
|Issue||Figurine||Cover||Features and content|
Special Releases Edit
Issue 7 included a flier for the first Doctor Who Figurine Collection special issue - The TARDIS available from 5th December priced £15.99 (UK) with £1 discount for subscribers. The TARDIS figure (to scale) was 150mm tall and accompanied by a 52 page bookazine.