Doctor Who (disambiguation)
It points to other pages that have similar names. If you followed a link here, please fix it to point to one of the pages listed below.
Though it chiefly means the television show and related franchise on which this entire wiki is based, the name Doctor Who has several, more specific meanings.
- The Doctor, a renegade Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. Often called "Doctor Who" by the viewing public and sometimes referred to as "Doctor Who" or "Dr. Who" in the ending credits and in titles. Prior to the Doctor's first adoption of the pseudonym "Dr. John Smith", the name "Dr. Who" (or a non-English equivalent) sometimes appeared within the narrative itself, particularly within several serials of season 4. Various non-televised stories — in particular those published by Polystyle — have additionally suggested that "Dr. Who" might be the character's actual name.
- The question "Doctor Who?", either as a Steven Moffat-penned narrative theme about the true identity of the Doctor or as a running gag directed at the Doctor, throughout the history of the programme
- Any of a number of people other than the Doctor with a similar name, further disambiguated at Dr. Who.
Behind the scenes edit
- Doctor Who (1984), a reprint comic book from Marvel Comics US
- Doctor Who (IDW), any of a number of comic book titles from IDW Publishing.
- Doctor Who (pinball machine), a coin-operated game from the 1990s
- Doctor Who (radio series), an aborted 1967 radio drama starring Peter Cushing.
- Doctor Who (TV story), the one-off 1996 television movie starring Paul McGann — or its novelisation by Gary Russell
- Doctor Who?, a regular comic series feature published in Doctor Who Magazine
- Any of a number of stories that begin with the phrase, "Doctor Who and..."
- Dr. Who and the Daleks, a 1965 film adaption of serial B, which is not generally believed to be set in the Doctor Who universe