|Doctor Who: Original Television Soundtrack: Series 3|
|Artist:||Murray Gold & Ben Foster|
|Release date:||5 November 2007|
|Doctor Who - Series 1 and 2||Doctor Who - Series 4|
Doctor Who - Original Soundtrack: Series 3 featured soundtrack music from Doctor Who's third series plus The Runaway Bride and Voyage of the Damned, by Murray Gold, with music conducted by Ben Foster with the BBC National Orchestra of Wales. The inclusion of "The Stowaway" from Voyage of the Damned served as a preview, as this soundtrack was released before that special was televised. A suite from Voyage of the Damned appeared on the following soundtrack release, Doctor Who - Series 4.
Track listings Edit
- Included with the CD were pictures of the Tenth Doctor, Tallulah, Martha Jones, Dalek Jast, a Scarecrow, a Weeping Angel, Donna Noble and the Master. The booklet also included an introduction by Julie Gardner and notes on each track by Murray Gold, the composer of the music.
- "My Angel Put the Devil in Me" is performed by Yamit Mamo on this CD rather than Miranda Raison who originally sung it in TV: Daleks in Manhattan. Yamit Mamo also sings "The Stowaway".
- The only track on this album not written by Murray Gold is the hymn "Abide with Me".
- The total run time for the CD was 74 minutes and 36 seconds.
- The opening track was used in the introduction to an edition of the BBC science documentary series, "Horizon". The edition was called "Do You Know What Time It Is?" and first broadcast on 2nd December 2008.
- Lecturer Andrew Lound uses tracks 6 and 15 in his audio-visual presentation entitled "A Starry Night to Remember - Astronomy and the Titanic." (Murray Gold is listed in the presentation's credits).