This article is written from a real world point of view
|Doctor Who Annual (1982)|
|Release date:||September 1981|
|Format:||hardback 64 pages|
|Doctor Who annuals|
|Doctor Who Annual 1981||Doctor Who Annual 1983|
- Release Number 16
- Publisher World Distributors
- Released in September 1981
- Priced £2.25
- Format Hardback 64 pages
- Featured Doctor: The Fourth Doctor and the Fifth Doctor
- Featured Companions: Adric and K9
- Featured Enemies:
Comic strip story
- The Planets
- Secrets of the TARDIS
- This ‘n’ That
- The Big Bang Theory
- Space Shorthand
- Star Gazing at the London Planetarium
- The Mysteries of Meteorites
- Keeping a Watch on Space
- The Deadly Grapefruit
- Cosmic Quiz
- The photographic material of the Fourth Doctor used on the cover was from TV: Full Circle.
- The Fifth Doctor’s likeness, used sparingly throughout this annual (which appeared on the market after the broadcast of TV: Logopolis), only showed face and head shots.
- At the time of this release the Fifth Doctor’s costume had not yet been made public and images used were mainly taken from Peter Davison’s early work on All Creatures Great and Small.
- This was the first annual to include two Doctors following the onscreen regeneration of the Fourth Doctor at the end of the series.
- A PDF version of the annual was included as a bonus feature on the 2007 DVD box set New Beginnings; it was repeated on each of the three discs for the stories The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis and Castrovalva, as these discs were also released separately.
To be added