Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
|Doctor Who Discovers: Prehistoric Animals|
|Written by:||None Given|
|Release date:||17 November 1977|
|Format:||stapled large format paperback|
Publisher's summary Edit
What was the world like in prehistoric times? What kind of creatures lived in it? Dr. Who travels back millions of years in the Tardis to meet the fascinating and sometimes frightening prehistoric animals that existed long before man.
Dr. Who Discovers Prehistoric Animals is one of a new series of illustrated books in which the Doctor finds out things he did not know! So watch out for more of the Doctor's voyages of discovery.
Subject matter Edit
- The Doctor and the TARDIS take the reader on a voyage of discovery.
Notable features Edit
- Each title included a pull-out stapled poster featuring the cover artwork by Jeff Cummins.
- Contents (Each topic fully illustrated with a linking narration by the Doctor on his travels)
- The Beginning of Time
- The Palaeozoic Era
- Nautiloids and Giant Scorpions
- The Mesozoic Era
- Tylosaurus and Elasmosaurus
- The Giant Turtle
- Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops
- The Cenozoic Era
- Diatryma and Phorarhacos
- This is the second book in the Doctor Who Discovers series.