Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
Publisher's summary Edit
Dr Who encounters some of the most adventurous — and hardiest — characters in history as he journeys through time to meet the Conquerors. Not surprisingly the Doctor becomes mixed up in a few adventures himself as he witnesses Julius Caesar's invasion of Britain, Napoleon's triumph at the battle of Austerlitz and Hannibal's crossing of the Alps.
Dr Who Discovers The Conquerors is one of a new series of illustrated Dr Who books. Watch out for other titles of Dr Who's journeys of discovery.
Subject matter Edit
- The Doctor and the TARDIS take the reader on a voyage of discovery.
Notable features Edit
- Each title included a pull-out stapled poster featuring the cover artwork by Jeff Cummins.
- Contents (fully illustrated articles on each topic)
- Alexander the Great
- Julius Caesar
- Charlemagne the Great
- Richard the Lionheart
- Sir Francis Drake
- Simon Bolivar
- This was the fourth book in the Doctor Who Discovers series.
- Series editor: Fred Newman
- Series Designer: Frank Ainscough
- Cover Artwork:
- Internal Photographs: BBC Photographic Library
- Internal illustrations: The Mansell Collection