|Doctor Who Exhibition Blackpool|
|Features:||Regularly changing props|
|Location:||111 Central Promenade, Blackpool|
|Opened on:||14 April 1974|
|Closed on:||30 October 1985|
Through a TARDIS-shaped entrance visitors followed the exhibition through a range of various displays of props, costumes, and models towards a working prop of the console room with console, before reaching the shop at the end.
Notable elements Edit
- Displays were regularly updated with new exhibits as new stories were aired.
- Unlike the Longleat Exhibition, the Blackpool Exhibition also included a display of small scale models of landscapes and spacecrafts. Davros, Daleks, Cybermen and K9 were among regular exhibits.
- Promoted in continuity announcements at the time, following the programme broadcasts.
- In 1975 Elizabeth Sladen, Ian Marter and Tom Baker promoted the exhibition with a parade led by Tom Baker in the back of Bessie with the Mayoress and a UNIT driver. The parade also include a Zygon, Bellal, Sontaran, Sea Devil and Cyberman led to the switching on of Blackpools illuminations.
- In 1976 Tom Baker especially filmed a small skit for the exhibition as the Fourth Doctor.
- In 1985, Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant were present signing autographs in the console area for Children in Need.
to be added