The Doctor Who Files are a series of hardback titles from BBC Children's Books published by the Penguin Group from 2006 onwards. It should not be confused with The Doctor Who Files, a series of magazine-style publications that were published in the US in the 1980s and early 1990s.
All of the titles in this range so far have had a a hexagonal cut out in the cover, through which can be seen the featured character (or topic) on the inside page. They are numbered on the spine. Aimed at young readers, each title is lavishly illustrated with photographs and broken down into small sections of text under various heading with every other page (almost), having a gate-fold (fold out page) "Test your Knowledge" sections of five multiple choice questions based on the preceding prose. Every title in this series has featured a new short prose story.
Doctor Who Files covers Edit
List of New Prose Fiction Edit
- The Hero Factor by Stephen Cole featuring the Tenth Doctor
- Stamp of Approval by Jacqueline Rayner featuring Rose Tyler
- No Fun at the Fair by Jacqueline Rayner and featuring the Slitheen
- The Final Darkness by Stephen Cole and featuring the Sycorax
- Taking Mickey by Justin Richards featuring Mickey Smith
- A Dog's Life by Justin Richards and featuring K9
- Mission to Galacton by Justin Richards featuring the Daleks
- Going Off the Rails by Justin Richards and featuring a Cyberman
- Needle Point by Justin Richards featuring Martha Jones
- Best Friends by Justin Richards featuring Jack Harkness
- Birth of a Legend by Justin Richards featuring the Cult of Skaro
- The Secret of the Stones by Justin Richards and featuring the TARDIS
- Blind Terror by Justin Richards and featuring the Sontarans
- Disappearing Act by Justin Richards and featuring the Ood
- Speech Day by Justin Richards and featuring the Master
The Doctor Who Stories (oOmnibus Edition) Edit
Publishers summary Edit
- This 286 page title, a collection of all 14 stories, plus an additional 15th story, (Speech Day written by Justin Richards) was published by BBC Children's Books in September 2009 and priced £9.99 (UK) as a single, slipcase bound volume, (the same size as regular titles in the series, with a plain blue cover and silver foiled title logos).
- The prose was presented with a slightly different layout and featured some different photographs from the series' original release.
- Other non-prose content from the Doctor Who Files was released under the title The Doctor Who Files Collector's Edition (see also Doctor Who Illustrated Guides).