Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Doctor Who Storybook 2010|
|Release date:||31 August 2009|
|Format:||hardback 78 pages|
|Doctor Who Storybook|
|Doctor Who Storybook 2009|
- Release Number 4
- Publisher Panini, UK
- Released in August 2009
- ISBN: 978-1-184653-095-1
- Priced £7.99
- Format Hardback 78 pages
- Featured Doctor: The Tenth Doctor
- Featured Enemies: Various
Publisher's summary Edit
- From the front cover:
- Eight original illustrated adventures featuring the Tenth Doctor! Includes writers from the award-winning BBC One Series.
- From the back cover:
- Thilling Adventures in Time and Space!
- Join the Tenth Doctor and his trusty TARDIS as they travel to previously unexplored times and places in this new collection of stories, packed with frights and fun - and all lavishly illustrated in full colour!
The Time Lord faces up to a shapeless horror in a Victorian orphanage, meets sentient doors from another dimension, re-encounters the gaseous Gelth on a reality TV show, journeys to the Australian outback to investigate mysterious objects falling from the sky, travels to the end of the rainbow - quite literally! - and battles Vikings. A lot of Vikings ...
Comic strip story Edit
Text stories Edit
- Illustrations by Martin Geraghty
- Illustrations by Brian Williamson
- Illustrations by Ben Willsher
- Illustrations by Neill Cameron
- Illustrations by Adrian Salmon
- Illustrations by Adrian Salmon
Additional features Edit
Accredited credits Edit
- Editor & Designer: Clayton Hickman
- Front cover painting by Alister Pearson
- Frontispiece illustration by Andy Walker
- Contents page illustration: Ben Willsher
- With special thanks to: Russell T Davies, Gary Russell, Tom Spilsbury, Peri Godbold, Scott Gray, Peter Ware, David Turbitt and BBC Worldwide.
- Dedicated to David Tennant with love and thanks.
Additional notes Edit
- The Doctor Who Storybook 2010 followed the same successful format as in recent years.
- So as not to make the Storybook any less "official" than the BBC's offering, the Storybook was allowed to use the BBC logo on the cover, although the box stating "Published with permission of the BBC" was not found on the back this year.
- The "A letter from the Doctor" has been a regular feature in the Storybooks. This time around the "letter" that was forwarded to the publisher by Russell T Davies (the outgoing showrunner of the TV series) took the form of a heavily interrupted transcript of a transmision.
- Like a cryptic puzzle it begins with "Transmission Ends", and ends with "Transmission Begins", Reading from the bottom up each paragraph appears to reflect a Russell T Davies Doctor Who script, with eligible final/first words being:
- "CAN'T BE ALIVE! NO! THE GATE ++++ ONE LAST LOOK +++ GOT TO SEE +++ DONT FORGET ME +++
- The Storybook was issued with a dustcover that inside the front flap had a short piece updating "The Changing Face of Doctor Who", and in the back flap a short piece on each of the featured writers accompanied by a small photo.