|Doctor Who The Official Annual 2011|
|Publisher:||[[publisher::A BBC Children's Books published by the Penguin Group]]|
|Release date:||August 2010|
|Format:||hardback 94 pages|
|Doctor Who annuals|
|Doctor Who The Official Annual 2010||Doctor Who The Official Annual 2012|
- You may be looking for IDW's 2011 Doctor Who Annual.
Doctor Who The Official Annual 2011 was the British Doctor Who annual published by BBC Children's Books. As with all British annuals, it was actually published in the year prior the cover date and therefore commemorated series 5, rather than the series broadcast in 2011.
Cover blurb Edit
Cover flash proclaimed “New Doctor! BIGGER annual! Double-sided poster!”
- Release Number 5
- Publisher BBC Children's Books,UK
- Released in August 2010
- ISBN: 978-1-40590-694-4
- Priced £7.99 (UK)
- Format Hardback 94 pages
- Featured Doctor: Eleventh Doctor
- Featured Companions: Amy Pond and Rory Williams
- Featured Enemies: Various
Comic strip story Edit
- Buzz! by Oli Smith, illustrated by John Ross and coloured by James Offredi
- The Grey Hole by Trevor Baxendale, illustrated by John Ross and coloured by James Offredi
Text Stories/Fiction Edit
- Blind Fury A Gallifreyan fairy tale by Justin Richards, illustrated by Tomislav Tomis.
- History as it might have been: ‘The Ironside Advance’.
- The Lonely Assassins’ Rastan Jovanich’s remaining notes on the Weeping Angels by Justin Richards.
- Secret of Arkatron by Justin Richards, illustrated by James Offredi line art by John Ross.
- 'Adventures in Space and Time' Written by Moray Laing
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- 'Doctor Who in Numbers'
- 'A Crack in Time'
- Know Your Enemy: Smilers and Winders
- Know Your Enemy: Daleks
- Know Your Enemy: Weeping Angel
- Know Your Enemy: Silurian
- Know Your Enemy: Vampires
- Know Your Enemy: Dream Lord
- The Unstoppable Daleks
- ‘Homo Reptilia – The race beneath our feet’
- Legend of the Pandorica
- ‘Histories Heroes’
- The Sarah Jane Adventures
- Who is Sarah Jane?
- Alien Objects
- Sarah Jane’s friends
Page posters Edit
- ”Goodbye Leadworth, hello everything!” (Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond)
- “All hail the new Daleks!” (New Daleks)
- “This land is ours!” (Silurians)
- “Don't Blink!” (Weeping Angel)
Additional features Edit
- Puzzle: Going Underground (Silurian Maze)
- Puzle Crossword
- Puzzle: Who’s There? (Shadow monsters)
- Puzzle: giant word search
- Puzzle: ‘Time Traveller Quiz’ (What type are you?)
- Puzzle: ‘Call for the Doctor’ (untangle connections)
- Puzzle: Monster Maze
- Puzzle: Monster Melee
- Puzzle: Monster Merge
- Puzzle: Cliff Code
- Art: Drawing a picture for Vincent’s gallery
- Puzzle: Spot the Difference
- Puzzle: Wedding Day
- Make-It: Raggedy Doctor Puppet
- Word-Puzzle: Who is He?
- Puzzle: All a Dream (which is real)
- Game: Escape (boardgame)
- Editor: to be added
- Designer: to be added
Additional Notes Edit
- This bigger annual release retained the cover price of the previous year (£7.99 UK) and had a foil printed cover.
- Attached to the inside back cover is a A2 double-sided poster featuring the TARDIS and Weeping Angels on one side and Eleventh Doctor, Amy Pond and the TARDIS in the vortex on the reverse.
- Frontispiece shows the TARDIS' interior
- The ‘Homo Reptilia – The race beneath our feet’ feature makes reference to earlier encounters with Silurians and Sea Devils.
- The Sarah Jane Adventures feature focuses on series 3.