Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Doctor Who Up Close (Land's End)|
|Features:||Huge police box entrance, BBC Wales props and costumes|
|Location:||Land's End Landmark, Lands End, Sennen, Penzance, Cornwall|
|Opened on:||7 April 2007|
|Closed on:||3 January 2011|
Doctor Who Up Close Land's End was one of numerous exhibitions under the "Doctor Who Up Close" title. The exhibitions were staged at several locations throughout the United Kingdom.
to be added
Notable elements Edit
This exhibit contained numerous props and costumes, primarily from the first three series of the BBC Wales produced series. The props and costumes represented at this exhibition were of aliens such as:
- A variety of aliens from TV: The End of the World
- Pig in a space suit and a Slitheen from TV: Aliens of London
- A model barrage balloon from TV: The Empty Child
- The Face of Boe, Cassandra and a Catkind from TV: New Earth
- Clockwork Droids and other props from TV: The Girl in the Fireplace
- A Cybus Cyberman from TV: Rise of the Cybermen
- Various cosutumes from TV: The Runaway Bride
- An Ood from TV: The Beast Below
- The old/damaged K9 prop from TV: School Reunion
- Scarecrows from TV: Human Nature
to be added
- The entrance to this exhibit was through a large Police Box painted onto the wall of one of the buildings, in a similar vein to the Doctor Who Exhibition at Longleat.
- Other Doctor Who Up Close exhibitions included; Cardiff Bay, Spaceport Merseyside, MOSI Manchester, Earls Court.
- The Dalek that appears at this exhibition has different markings under the eye stalk to those that have appeared in the series.