|Doctor Who and Warriors' Gate|
|Companion(s):||Romana II, K9, Adric|
|Main enemy:||Gundans, Slavers|
|Main setting:||The Gateway|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen|
|Cover by:||Andrew Skilleter|
|Release number:||71 (given to later editions)|
|Release date:||15 April 1982|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 1 Chapter, 124 Pages|
|Doctor Who and the State of Decay||Doctor Who and the Keeper of Traken|
Publisher's summary Edit
When the TARDIS arrives at its destination, according to the console read-outs the craft is nowhere – and nowhere is exactly what it looks like ...
Chapter Titles Edit
This book has no named chapters
Deviations from televised story Edit
- Romana's farewell to the Doctor is handled differently, with more emotion and is less rushed than the televised version.
- The fate of that a rogue Gundan is revealed.
- How the Privateer ended up in the void is revealed.
- K9's fate is presented as a tragedy.
- The ending is different from the televisted story, with Romana wandering off long after the Privateer explodes and the Doctor realizing he can travel between universes with the mirrors.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
To be added
Additional cover images Edit
To be added
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK
- Warriors' Gate: The Lost Version, extracts from the original manuscript, withdrawn and revised before publication