|Doctor Who and the Green Death|
|Featuring:||The Brig, Mike Yates, Benton|
|Main setting:||Earth, circa 1970s|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen|
|Read by:||Katy Manning|
|Cover by:||Peter Brookes|
|Release number:||29 (given to later editions)|
|Release date:||21 August 1975|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 12 Chapters, 142 Pages|
|Doctor Who and the Planet of the Daleks||Doctor Who and the Time Warrior|
Publisher's summary Edit
1979 edition Edit
The Green Death begins slowly. In a small Welsh mining village a man emerges from the disused colliery covered in a green fungus. Minutes later he is dead. Unit, Jo Grant and Doctor Who in tow, arrive on the scene to investigate, but strangely reluctant to assist their enquiries is Dr Stevens, director of the local refinery Panorama Chemicals.
Are they in time to destroy the mysterious power which threatens them all before the whole village, and even the world, is wiped out by a deadly swarm of green maggots?
Chapter titles Edit
- 'Wealth in our time!'
- The Doctor Plans a Holiday
- Land of My Fathers
- Into the Mine
- The Sluice Pipe
- The Egg
- The Maggots
- The Swarm
- The Green Death
- The Chrysalis
- One World, One People, One BOSS!
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The refinery is called Panorama Chemicals in the book, whereas in the TV version it's called Global Chemicals.
- Dr Ralph Arnold Fell is renamed Dr Arnold Bell.
- Jo wonders if the Doctor has fallen in love with her.
- Elgin is reinstated into the events where he was replaced in the televised version by James.
- The Doctor mourns killing the giant dragonfly.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
To be added
Additional cover images Edit
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK
- 60p (UK)
- 1979 Target Books with a new cover by Alun Hood priced 60p (UK)
Editions published outside Britain Edit
To be added
The audio set of four CDs with an ISBN 1-405-? was released in October 2008 priced £13.99 (UK)