Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Doctor Who and the Sunmakers|
|Based on:||The Sun Makers|
|Main setting:||Megropolis One, Pluto, the far future|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen|
|Cover by:||Andrew Skilleter|
|Release number:||60 (given to later editions)|
|Release date:||18 November 1982|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 12 Chapters, 127 Pages|
|Doctor Who and the Image of the Fendahl||Doctor Who and the Underworld|
Publisher's summary Edit
Everyone knows that Pluto is a barren airless rock. So naturally the Fourth Doctor is surprised when he discovers artificial suns, an ultra-modern industrial city and a group of colonists being worked – and taxed – to dealt in this inhospitable and supposedly undeveloped part of the universe ...
Chapter Titles Edit
- The Cost of the Golden Death
- The Fugitive
- The Others
- The Collector
- The Reprieve
- The Trap
- The Rebels
- The Prisoner
- The Steaming
- The Confrontation
Deviations from televised story Edit
- A deleted scene where Leela sees citizens lining up to be executed for their death-day is reinstated.
- Hade's death leaves the humans sick; in the televised story they cheer.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- Last in the range to have a title prefixed by “Doctor Who and ...”
- Although not generally acknowledged as such, this was a rare occasion during the 1980s that the title of a novelisation differed from that of the original series, but barely: the serial spelled Sun Makers as two words, while the novelisation used the single-word form, Sunmakers.
Additional cover images Edit
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK