|Doctor Who and the Web of Fear|
|Based on:||The Web of Fear|
|Main enemy:||The Great Intelligence, the Yeti|
|Main setting:||The London Underground, circa 1970s|
|Publisher:||[[publisher::Target Books, W. H. Allen and Co. Ltd. UK]]|
|Release number:||72 (given to later editions)|
|Release date:||19 August 1976|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions, 127 Pages|
|Doctor Who and the Enemy of the World||Fury from the Deep|
Forty Years the Yeti had been quiet - Collector’s item in a museum. Then without warning it awoke - and savagely murdered.
At about the same time patches of mist began to appear in Central London. People who lingered anytime in the mist were found dead, their faces smothered in cobwebs. The cobweb seeped down, penetrating the Underground System. Slowly it spread….
Then the Yeti reappeared, not just one but hordes, roaming the misty streets and cobwebbed tunnels, killing everyone in their path. Central London was gripped tight in a Web of Fear…
- Return of Evil
- The Web in Space
- The Monster in the Tunnels
- Danger for the Doctor
- Battle with the Yeti
- The Terror of the Web
- Escape from the Web
- Return of the Yeti
- Danger Above Ground
- 'I want your mind.'
- The Fall of the Fortress
- Captives of the Intelligence
- The Final Duel
Deviations from televised story
Writing and publishing notes
- The cover and information from the original Target Books edition featured the artwork of Chris Achilleos.
- The first edition cover marked the last time an image of the Second Doctor would appear on a Target Books novelisation cover until The Power of the Daleks was novelised in 1993.
Additional cover images
to be added
British publication history
- W.H.Allen & Co. Ltd. UK
- 1983 W.H. Allen with a new cover by Andrew Skilleter priced £1.25 (UK)
- 1993 Virgin Publishing with a new cover by Alistair Pearson priced £3.50 (UK)
Editions published outside Britain
To be added