Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Doctor Who at the BBC: The Tenth Doctor|
|Read by:||Elisabeth Sladen|
|Release date:||3 September 2007|
|Doctor Who at the BBC|
|Doctor Who at the BBC: The Plays||Doctor Who at the BBC: A Legend Reborn|
While previous releases dealt with primarily the 1963-89 era of the series, The Tenth Doctor, as the name suggests, focuses on the series between 2005 when David Tennant's casting as the Tenth Doctor was announced, and the end of 2006 and the telecasts of The Runaway Bride and Invasion of the Bane.
Although released annually since 2003, there was no 2008 issue of Doctor Who at the BBC; the series resumed in 2009 with Doctor Who at the BBC: A Legend Reborn.
Publisher summary Edit
The actress behind the much-loved Sarah Jane Smith is your guide through the exciting, surprising and often funny mix of radio and TV features, all based around the worlds of contemporary Doctor Who.
Along the way you'll enjoy many fascinating Doctor Who-related items from Blue Peter, Breakfast, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Front Row and Jo Whiley Meets Doctor Who, plus a host of extracts from BBC Radio Wales's very own Doctor Who - Back in Time series!
With laughter from the Dead Ringers and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue teams thrown in, and a bonus peek at The Sarah Jane Adventures, this exclusive CD is guaranteed to provide two hours of enjoyment for Doctor Who fans young, old, and in-between!
Production credits Edit
- Presenter: Elisabeth Sladen
- Writer: Andrew Pixley
- Producer: Michael Stevens
- Technical presentation: Steven David Jones
- Doctor Who theme composed by Ron Grainer, arranged by Murray Gold
Clips featured (in order of appearance) Edit
- Front Row, BBC Radio, 27 December 2005
- Front Row, 8 December 2005
- Back in Time: New Doctor, New Danger, BBC Radio Wales, 23 December 2005
- Breakfast, BBC One, 21 December 2005
- Dead Ringers: "Christmas at Doctor Who's" parody, BBC Two, 23 December 2005
- Back in Time: Adventures in Sound, BBC Radio Wales, 29 April 2006
- Blue Peter, BBC One, 24 April 2006
- Breakfast, BBC One, 27 April 2006
- Richard Evans, BBC Radio Wales, 22 December 2006
- I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue Doctor Who parody, BBC Radio 4, 27 June 2005
- Newsbeat, BBC Radio 1, 5 July 2006
- Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, featuring Billie Piper, BBC One, 20 October 2006
- Back in Time: Jingle Hell, BBC Radio Wales, 24 December 2006
- Jo Whiley Meets Doctor Who, BBC Radio 1, 25 December 2006
- Blue Peter feature on Invasion of the Bane, BBC One, 11 December 2006
Interviews featured Edit
This list is not complete:
- Elisabeth Sladen
- David Tennant
- Billie Piper
- Freema Agyeman
- Catherine Tate
- Russell T Davies
- John Leeson
- Samantha Bond
- Yasmin Paige
- Jessica Hynes
- Sarah Parish
- Julie Gardner
- Susie Liggat
- Nicholas Briggs
- Edward Thomas
- Thomas Sangster
- The 2-CD set includes a false ending. After saying goodbye, Sladen is heard hiding behind in the studio before sneaking in the first instalment of "The Sarah Jane Adventures at the BBC", leading into the Blue Peter feature on the Invasion of the Bane special.
- The BBC Audio CD liner notes list some individuals such as Sophia Myles and Tom Baker as being heard on some of the clips, when they are not.
- During the Jo Whiley feature, several words are bleeped out (in the original broadcast) as they Whiley was recording behind the scenes of the filming of Human Nature/The Family of Blood. The word most frequently bleeped is "scarecrow".
- Doctor Who at the BBC: A Legend Reborn (2009) - narrated by Elisabeth Sladen
- to be added