Publisher's summary Edit
1989 edition Edit
When the Doctor and Mel arrive in the Space Trading Colony, Iceworld, the Doctor can feel that there is mischief afoot. And he and Mel don't have to wait long before they discover the culprit, for there in the Refreshment Bar they meet up with that old intergalactic rogue, Sabalon Glitz.
Glitz is hot on the trail of hidden treasure and the Doctor, keen to do some scientific research, decides to join him. Down in the Ice Passages they go – through the Ice Garden, past the Singing Trees, beyond the Lake of Oblivion – in search of the Dragon's Treasure.
Chapter titles Edit
- Chapter One
- Chapter Two
- Chapter Three
- Chapter Four
- Chapter Five
- Chapter Six
- Chapter Seven
- Chapter Eight
- Chapter Nine
- Chapter Ten
- Chapter Eleven
- Chapter Twelve
- Chapter Thirteen
- Chapter Fourteen
- Chapter Fifteen
- Chapter Sixteen
Deviations from televised story Edit
- Ace's dog Wayne is added to the story.
- The cliffhanger to the first part of the story with the Doctor suspended from a crevasse is elaborated on.
- Erick is an Aldeberian ambassador.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- Dedication: “With grateful thanks to John Nathan-Turner for his helpful comments and suggestions on the original scripts, and particularly to Andrew Cartmell, il miglior fabbro. Thanks also to the children and teenagers in Ealing who inspired it – particularly Annamarie, Joanne and Juno.”
Cover Gallery Edit
British publication history Edit
First publication: Paperback (March 1989)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. One single paperback edition, estimated print run: 21,000, priced £1.99 (UK).
Re-issues: (October 1991)
- Target / Virgin Publishing, estimated print run: 9,000, priced £2.99 (UK).